Cannot sort notes by due date

• Level 5*

Hi.  Device and OS / Evernote version numbers?  Tasks or reminders?  If reminders, the most recent version should solve the issue...

• Level 5*

Well on my Win 11 Evernote 10.96.5 I can sort reminders by created / updated or reminder dates.  My Android (tablet) version is 10.96.3 and while I can filter notes by reminders,  I don't yet seem able to sort due dates.  Searches would be more flexible.

Same issue with Mac OS 10.95.6.  The functionality to sort notes by Reminder Date was removed from iPad and iPhone versions a few weeks ago.  Now removed from the desktop app.  I use Reminders for my To Do list.  The removal of the functionality where I can sort by Reminder Date makes this impossible.  Tasks do not have the same functionality.  I can't forward an email to my Evernote account and turn it into a Task for example.  I don't understand the removal of functionality.    Taking away features is stupid.

34 minutes ago, Gylee said:

Same issue with Mac OS 10.95.6.  The functionality to sort notes by Reminder Date was removed from iPad and iPhone versions a few weeks ago.  Now removed from the desktop app.  I use Reminders for my To Do list.  The removal of the functionality where I can sort by Reminder Date makes this impossible.  Tasks do not have the same functionality.  I can't forward an email to my Evernote account and turn it into a Task for example.  I don't understand the removal of functionality.    Taking away features is stupid.

An alternative for your use case might be to filter on everything that is past due. For that, I use: reminderOrder:* -reminderTime:day+1 -reminderDoneTime:*

That's what I do... While waiting to sort-on-tags...Something that's always been missing in v10.

• Evernote Expert

Support by reminder had been restored in 10.97 for Android. I can't check but it is supposed to be restored for iOS too.

Thanks.  I just updated to 10.97 on my iPhone.  The notes say that it has this functionality restored, and there is the option now to sort by Reminder time.  The problem is that it doesn't work.  The notes just appear in random order even when this option is selected.

• Level 5

Same for me on iOS : There is a toggle behind the funnel symbol, with the filters. It will toggle on, and a reminders selection shows.

Problem is it won’t stick. When confirming nothing changes in the notes view, and when coming back the reminders toggle is off again.

For me it looks like the next blunder of a non existent release QA: Announcing a feature without even trying, but pushing it to the AppStore.

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2024 at 1:13 AM, MvdH said:

I'm experiencing the same issues detailed by Pink Elephant in the post above.. Really hoping this gets addressed soon. I've depended on Evernote for workflow for since it's first release. This is the first time I've seriously had to consider switching. I know they've faced a lot of challenges, but this seems important enough that they'd prioritize a fix. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, gazumped said:

Number?  My 10.104.2 'sort by' options include reminder time

You're right that the option is now there. But I tried it and it doesn't work - I still got a seemingly random order and even though I filtered for reminder date, I still have other notes too.

Exactly what happens to me. 

Keep hoping that one of the updates (of which there have been several lately) will fix what I think is a major functionality problem.