Really fed up with Evernote

This post just to let EN know that I am so fed up with what they are doing: destroying something that was working perfectly fine.
I am a very long time EN user, but this is really only as much as I can take.

What could save you?

- capability to disable new things such as ToDo etc
- disable the non-functional log-in via the browser, for me, on multiple mac computers (Monterey) I simply can not login
- reinstate the browser EN version - the one we have today is really not functioning
- capability to disable all the gadgets and just leave NOTES - after all that's why it is EverNOTE and not EverMIRACLE DEVIL DO ALL

- stop breaking spoons and do not try to bend them!!

Just my two cents.
I will disable my paid subscription.

• Like 4

I agree. I am really fed up with Evernote at the moment. I bought it in 2014 for a simple note taker. I'm not interested in all of the expensive AI features. A basic search no longer works reliably.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
9 minutes ago, CherylB said:

I agree. I am really fed up with Evernote at the moment. I bought it in 2014 for a simple note taker. I'm not interested in all of the expensive AI features. A basic search no longer works reliably.

Hi.  If all you want is a simple note-taker,  there are plenty of options - see https://noteapps.info/ or similar.  If you'd like some help with the search issue,  can you give us more detail?  What device and OS/ Evernote version numbers do you have,  what are you searching for (an example search query would be great),  and what sort of issue are you finding?

• Like 1
  • Level 5

@CherylB you never bought EN, because there never was a purchasing model. The clients were always given away for free. What you could pay for were certain server side functions, as a subscription.

You pay for a year (or a month), then it expires and needs to be renewed. The money paid is consumed by then.

For just simple note taking I wouldn’t suggest an EN subscription.

• Like 2

Occasionally I accidentally open Evernote Legacy on my Mac, and it makes me long for the old days, when offline really meant offline, when EN opened quickly, when attachments didn't disappear when the internet glitched. 

I've been a paid subscriber for many years and the primary thing keeping me around is inertia.

• Like 3
  • Level 5

Your nostalgia is nothing of my business.

If you have a question, come back. Until then keep on pushing. Oh, and check the gas, if you push it without, it will be a while 'til it picks up.

On 6/26/2024 at 5:16 PM, ipanini said:

This post just to let EN know that I am so fed up with what they are doing: destroying something that was working perfectly fine.
I am a very long time EN user, but this is really only as much as I can take.

What could save you?

- capability to disable new things such as ToDo etc
- disable the non-functional log-in via the browser, for me, on multiple mac computers (Monterey) I simply can not login
- reinstate the browser EN version - the one we have today is really not functioning
- capability to disable all the gadgets and just leave NOTES - after all that's why it is EverNOTE and not EverMIRACLE DEVIL DO ALL

- stop breaking spoons and do not try to bend them!!

Just my two cents.
I will disable my paid subscription.

Absolutely agree. Now this garbage DOESN'T START on my computer after the last magic "update".

Looking for alternatives now. The new managmenent is i a pure disaster. garbage.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Doministry said:

Absolutely agree. Now this garbage DOESN'T START on my computer after the last magic "update".

Looking for alternatives now. The new managmenent is i a pure disaster. garbage.

I've already suggested a couple of options in your 'other' thread.  Please don't post in more than one forum.