Larger notebooks are missing years of content since May 5th 2024 update!

Please help, I have submitted several requests to EN since May 5, when several notebooks are now missing years of content following my Legacy software upgrade and Penultimate failed to load on my iPad. I have followed all their instructions, including sending the individual EN notebook links as per their support request email and still no reply. After seven years of loyal EN/Penultimate use, this is very stressful potential data loss and any direct EN support would be greatly appreciated.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm sorry - we're mainly other users here,  and if you have a data loss issue,  only Evernote can help.  If you have a ticket number or reference from Support we can ask a Forum Admin to chase it up internally for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your reply, yes please do that for me!! I have submitted several requests now, the latest ticket numbers are here with the specific missing file information they were seeking:

😞

14 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

Have you checked on the web version of Evernote to see if they are there?

Don't you have the feeling that such syncing issues get more the last days and weeks?
Even if it is for sure no solution: We (the users) should get a possibility to force a sync ("sync-button") and see an identicator "sync complete". This would help a lot to get back trust on EN's services because a user can see what's going on.

30 minutes ago, AlbertR said:

Don't you have the feeling that such syncing issues get more the last days and weeks?

Generally speaking sync seems very solid right now. I don't see any issues myself and have Windows & Web open at the same time on the same device and I'm messing around on the Android app all the time. Never have any issues with sync, ever, solid. It still surprises me to see things being edited in real time!

The community I run has a few thousand folk who use Evernote quite heavily and sync is very rarely bought up as an issue.

That said over the last few weeks RENT has been rolling out very, very slowly so I would expect some edge cases to be discovered and as the forums are a place for issues to be posted, sometime there's a feeling that the whole system is a mess. No one comes here to say it sync'd OK!

My theory, and its only a theory is that there are some very niche unconverted legacy notes that could still be a problem but nailing it down is tricky. This morning I've sent a couple of note links over about an offline issue with very old notes I've spotted.

I think once RENT is fully rolled out things will quieten down a little.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

That said over the last few weeks RENT has been rolling out very, very slowly

Hmm, even along with using EN as my main all-in-one-organizing tool I've no problem with testing new functionality. But I feel left alone with unexisting official information of what's going on and support. Is there a possibility to know|set RENT to be used for me?

My personal feeling around tagging and simply updating notes is that changes are not recognized by searches in short time. Both (Tags and UpdatedTimes) are note properties which I expect to get synced (with RENT) and reflected in searches (local) immediately

26 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

My theory, and its only a theory is that there are some very niche unconverted legacy notes that could still be a problem

Yep, some of my old notes remain to be listed with "updated:day-1" in my account 😉. I've open support tickets on that (#3823625, #3689240) since a couple of month...

Some others show an effect of doubling the note content if I try to change something after I've moved to EN10. 😤

But both effects came up long before the last updates... Fortunately I did not loose notes or any content - event if I cannot access attachments immediately in all cases...

1 minute ago, AlbertR said:

Is there a possibility to know|set RENT to be used for me?

A far as I know they'll be a giant pop up asking you to confirm the update, the app closes, reopens and then everything gets downloaded into a brand new database. I think the local database has been rewritten. I've not got it yet.

3 minutes ago, AlbertR said:

My personal feeling around tagging and simply updating notes is that changes are not recognized by searches in short time

That's the goal of RENT to bring RTE style sync to metadata. Updates should be almost instant, within a few seconds.

7 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

A far as I know ... I think ... I've not got it yet.

THX - but that's exactly what I mentioned with "I feel left alone" if even you are not up-to-date...

FYI, I've had some oddities over the last couple of days with notes emailed to Evernote showing up on the web client but not on the Windows client, and small discrepancies in note counts.  Based on no actual knowledge, I've been attributing the glitches to RENT.

Vinnie

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, VincentC said:

showing up on the web client but not on the Windows client

13 hours ago, VincentC said:

small discrepancies in note counts

That sounds more like your Windows device having a syncing issue...

8 hours ago, gazumped said:

That sounds more like your Windows device having a syncing issue...

Normally I would agree, @gazumped.  But I have heard from someone in touch with Evernote that they are aware of and working on the note count issue.  So, maybe I have two issues, but for now I am hoping that one thing is related to the other, and both get fixed together without me breaking a sweat! 😁

Vinnie

• Like 1