Note browsing history (recent notes)

The recent notes feature shows me the notes that were changed recently, but it doesn't show me the notes I read recently.

I use Evernote primarily as a reference library i.e. I read existing notes far more frequently than I write new notes.

When I'm involved in a specific project they'll probably be about a dozen notes that I regularly refer to for a few days and then another project will come along and use a different set of notes (which is why pinning or creating shortcuts doesn't work).

Is there any way to see my recently read notes, preferably in chronological order of last accessed,  so I can easily flip between them ?

Cheers

David

I don't think there is. There was a lot of discussion here about this topic a few months ago as there was 'bug' where if you read a note the updated time would change.

The general consensus was that the update date should only be changed if the note itself was changed.

I think the only solution right now would be to try and make the new feature where you can pin notes to the top of a notebook work for you. Pin what you need and unpin when you're done with them.

• Level 5*

If I need a collection of notes for a specific purpose I'll move (or copy) them into a new notebook and then throw them back/ delete the copies when I'm done.

9 minutes ago, gazumped said:

If I need a collection of notes for a specific purpose I'll move (or copy) them into a new notebook and then throw them back/ delete the copies when I'm done.

Unfortunately that wouldn't work for me as it's a corporate account, so notes that I might only be reading, other's might also need to refer to (and possibly update), so changing notebook wouldn't work.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

I think the only solution right now would be to try and make the new feature where you can pin notes to the top of a notebook work for you. Pin what you need and unpin when you're done with them.

I tend to be dealing with one note from multiple notebooks. Imagine a notebook per customer, where there is a note containing details of their ecommerce server. If I need to update a group of ecommerce servers I need to read just the ecommerce note, from that group of customers notebook. 

2 minutes ago, david_navigator said:

I tend to be dealing with one note from multiple notebooks. Imagine a notebook per customer, where there is a note containing details of their ecommerce server. If I need to update a group of ecommerce servers I need to read just the ecommerce note, from that group of customers notebook. 

I do a similar thing but maybe slightly different organisation.

I have a stack called Clients and then a notebook for each client. Inside each notebook the notes for contacts, server details and active projects are pinned to the top of the notebook like this.

image.png.dba8e42d76a312471382909fec0a0062.png

The pinned notes always stay at the top of the notebook and when I'm done with a project I unpin it.

Not sure if something similar to this would work.

25 minutes ago, david_navigator said:

How do you pin a note like that. I don't seem to have that option ?

Right click on the note and pin to notebook.

Its a new feature so you need to be on version 10.92.3+. It you don't see it straightway it may not be fully rolled out.

I'm find it really useful.

Pin to notebook?

I have Evernote 10.92.3 and the release notes say that it introduces "the ability to pin one or more notes to the top of a notebook," but I can't find that option.  I have deleted and reinstalled Evernote for Windows, but I still can't find an option for pin to notebook.
23 minutes ago, LAM in SC said:
I have Evernote 10.92.3 and the release notes say that it introduces "the ability to pin one or more notes to the top of a notebook," but I can't find that option.  I have deleted and reinstalled Evernote for Windows, but I still can't find an option for pin to notebook.

It could be rolling out in stages. Give it a couple of days and you'll get it.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using version 10.94.3 on Windows, and the popup context menu for notes still does not have the "Pin to notebook" option.  Am I looking in the wrong place?  The screenshot is from the context menu of the notes list in the middle panel.  Right-clicking on the note editor does not show a "Pin to notebook" option, either.

Snap15.png

To pin a note, you need to be in the Notebook in which you want to pinned the note, otherwise the option is not available!