Import of Notion .zip files not working?

Hello folks,

Just a quick question - is anyone else struggling to get the new Import feature in Settings to import notes from Notion? Every time I add a .zip file created in Notion as per the Evernote guidance, Evernote just adds the .zip file to a new page instead of extracting it and adding the HTML pages with their images.

I know it's a relatively new feature so maybe the bugs haven't been fully sorted out yet?

Loving all the new features being added to Evernote though, looks like development has really ramped up.

9 hours ago, hlbmallo said:

is anyone else struggling to get the new Import feature in Settings to import notes from Notion?

I'm still waiting for the new import feature.

@gazumped thanks for your reply. The instructions for import are just the ones that appear when you hover over the question mark beside 'Notion', on the Import page in Settings. And yep my zip files contain HTML pages.

I can get individual text-only HTML and markdown pages to import no bother, but I guess I was hoping for (i) images to be imported too (currently they aren't - appreciate markdown doesn't necessarily play nicely with images) and (ii) for export of a database/subpages from Notion with subsequent import into Evernote.

@Mike P It's so close to working for me, think it'll be great when it's fully rolled out.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Well I still don't have access to Import files :angry:,  so I can't really comment further.  If you extract the files from your ZIP archive and use a Sync (Import) folder,  that will add one note per extracted file with the filename as the title of the note.  Hope that helps!

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209004967-Sync-your-local-folders-former-Import-Folder-feature

• Like 1