Can't set Android Evernote Default Notebook

Go to solution Solved by Alex Rosen,

I can't set my Evernote Android default notebook.  A number of Android Evernote bugs manifest themselves seeming due to inability. 

Following these instructions [1], item 3 -- "Under 'Default Notebook,' select the notebook you'd like to set as your default" ....
... cause "Default Notebook" to be displayed. 
... Clicking "Default Notebook" displays the message ""Your default notebook is where your ..." 
... but there is no way provided to set/change the default notebook.

Yes, I've uninstalled/reinstalled the Evernote app on the phone.

Ref.
[1] https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314728-Change-your-default-notebook

• 2 weeks later...
  • Evernote Expert

v10.93.0 Android 14

Tap the Personal icon/picture at the top left of the app to access settings

Select Notebooks

Select the current default notebook to open selector

Select new default

Tap left arrow at top of window to reverse out of the option

This works for me. If it doesn't work out it can generally be fixed by switching to the desktop app or web app and making the change there.

• Solution

I had a default notebook set on desktop but no notebooks showed in mobile when I tried to set a default notebook.

I found this worked:

1. Open Evernote desktop app.
  2. Change default notebook to another (I happened to have a second).
  3. Change default notebook back to original notebook
  4. Open mobile app.
  5. Select default notebook in settings.

If you don't have a second notebook, you might want to create (and later delete) one just to help resolve this issue.

• Thanks 1

@agsteele's instructions, above, do not work.

Per @agsteelespecific instructions:
"Tap the Personal icon/picture at the top left of the app to access settings" -> "Select Notebooks" -> "Select the current default notebook to open selector" -> "Select new default" ...
... only causes Evernote for Android to display the text "Your default note book is where new note ..." without displaying existing notebook and without providing a means to select the default Android notebook.

@agsteel's " If it doesn't work out it can generally be fixed by switching to the desktop app or web app and making the change there" misses the point; as I observed, above, "A number of Android Evernote bugs manifest themselves seeming due to inability [to set the default Evernote for Android default notebook]".

@Alex Rosen's fix, above, works.  And not merely does it fix the problem of setting the default notebook for Evernote for Android but it also fixes the problem created by an unset Android notebook preventing the creation of Evernote notes on my phone.