(Archived) Save a page in Chrome as a PDF image?

raluke

Idea

I love the ability to right-click and save a page in Safari as a PDF in Evernote. Is there any way to do the same in Google Chrome? If not, are there any plans to introduce the same capability for the Google Chrome client?

6 replies to this idea

The Chrome plug-in API doesn't give us a way to do this in a Chrome plug-in, unfortunately. This requires native code tricks that aren't supported in Chrome extensions.

It's an extra step, but you could Print the page, and then in the Print dialog, you can print to a PDF directly to Evernote:

post-8171-131906069539_thumb.png

This is indeed about the last flaw I can find in evernote (okay, there are a few, but...). I L.O.V.E. clipping things (in Safari) for design notes on sites, etc. - and Chrome extension usually flubs up how the design renders - thanks for the heads up on the print and then save as pdf to evernote, but as noted here, there is weirdness that happens when printing pages as well. That being said, Chrome is my browser of choice, so I have to startup Safari to clip a page if I want it as a really nicely rendered pdf (which is more often than not).

Not sure how hard this is, but seems silly we can have it in Safari, but not in Chrome.

Not sure how hard this is, but seems silly we can have it in Safari, but not in Chrome.
The Chrome plug-in API doesn't give us a way to do this in a Chrome plug-in, unfortunately. This requires native code tricks that aren't supported in Chrome extensions.

Archived