Reinstal Evernote Windows

Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

I'm experiencing significant syncing problems. I deleted a lot of notes from the Windows version of Evernote, but it hasn't synchronized even after several months. I want to uninstall Evernote from Windows and start fresh.

What would be the most effective way to do this?

If I uninstall the Windows version, will I lose the entire history of each note? I've noticed that some notes no longer contain the images, and I'm wondering if I can restore the notes along with their history.

I would start by going to the web version of EN and checking that everything is there. That is the definitive server version of your notes. 

If everything is OK on the web then you are safe to do whatever you like to the local version. Before you bother to uninstall I would simply sign out and choose "remove my Evernote data from this device". You can then sign back in. All the data will be downloaded again. This effectively refreshes the data base. If you are still having problems I would do a complete uninstall using something like Revo uninstaller (free). That ensures everything is removed and you can start again with a completely blank canvas.

I don't have the option to "remove my Evernote data from this device". When I sign out, the only options I see are "exit without sync" and "return to app." Since I'm experiencing sync issues, I want to choose the option to exit without sync, delete everything, and start fresh by syncing the data from the web.

Which version of the Windows app are you using? I assumed V10, but I'm now worried you are still on the legacy version which would certainly explain major issues.

Have you checked that your data on the web version is correct?

The latest versio nis

10.87.5-win-ddl-public (20240509102911)
Editor: v178.1.10
Service: v1.105.2
© 2019 - 2024 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

I'm using V10, which is why I'm facing significant problems. The Legacy version is no longer around. With Legacy I never had issues

I have the exact version that you described.

1 minute ago, pansovic said:

I have the exact version that you described.

So when I do file 🢂 sign out I get

image.png.54d087422887e44ccc7d306769924e3e.png

You could aslo look at settings and unclick the "Keep a copy of my notes on this device at sign-out

image.png.7185ab029adaa7fde33a3ea6e4f94f0e.png

I'm going to emphasise again that you must check that the web version is correct or you coud potentially loose data.

I might have clicked in the past on "Do not show this message again". 

When I unclick "Keep a copy ..." and sign out, does that remove all Evernote from my PC? 

Is there a way to completely remove evernote from my PC? and to start from scratch downloading from the web version

8 minutes ago, pansovic said:

Is there a way to completely remove evernote from my PC? and to start from scratch downloading from the web version

A lot of folk recommend Revo uninstaller to do this. Gets rid of everything and you can start fresh.

• Like 1
  • Solution
15 minutes ago, pansovic said:

When I unclick "Keep a copy ..." and sign out, does that remove all Evernote from my PC? 

It removes your data but not the app.

16 minutes ago, pansovic said:

Perhaps you should read the advice people give you.

1 hour ago, Mike P said:

If you are still having problems I would do a complete uninstall using something like Revo uninstaller (free). That ensures everything is removed and you can start again with a completely blank canvas.

• Like 1