Shortcuts Ordering

Go to solution Solved by Dagfinn,

• Level 5*

The manual reordering of shortcuts appears to be broken.  I haven't tried this recently so I'm unsure when this error crept in, but I'm currently on version 10.87.5.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, s2sailor said:

I haven't tried this recently so I'm unsure when this error crept in, but I'm currently on version 10.87.5.

It's working on 10.86.5 - I downgraded because of all the problems with 10.87. It's looking a bit like a reincarnation of the infamous 10.59.5!

• Like 1

I get this, too. When I try to move a shortcut in the list by dragging and dropping it, the note remains in the same place, and there's a message saying the note was added to Shortcuts.

Real glad to see others experiencing this. Thought I was alone out here. For me, it started 5/10/24 when a shortcut stack wouldn't open to show me the shortcuts. Manually adding the shortcuts didn't work because I can't reorder them. It's a real hit to the work flow. Glad to hear they're scrambling for a fix. Gotta admit I started reading up on the export process and sniffed around the alternatives a bit.

It's a shame that the fix for the keyboard shortcuts to the shortcuts didn't include this as well. But maybe they are unrelated and they just managed to randomly wreck shortcuts in three different ways!

On 5/10/2024 at 10:47 PM, Jon/t said:

This is known about and I think they're looking to push a fix quickly.

You seem to be the only source of reliable information from EN support 😉

As long as there's no other two-way channel, please ask for ticket 3858655 (see 055 - Moving notes to other notebooks no longer works for Teams accounts). Maybe there are some associated problems around notebooks in Favorites (EN10 on Win11 does not allow to show Notebooks to Favorites at all) - open since at least 6 weeks now and getting worse 😤

54 minutes ago, AlbertR said:

Maybe there are some associated problems around notebooks in Favorites (EN10 on Win11 does not allow to show Notebooks to Favorites at all) - open since at least 6 weeks now and getting worse 😤

I'm not quite clear - are you saying you can't add a notebook to shortcuts? I can still do this so I'm guessing you mean something else.

6 hours ago, Mike P said:

... are you saying you can't add a notebook to shortcuts?

Yes - but this is true only for Teams accounts on Win11.
It's really embarrassing that this bug has been logged before 6 weeks and moved to development before 4 weeks. There is no fix (moreover: more problems with Favorites...) for best paying customers (Teams! account - ~ 200 €/user per year...) 😡

• Like 1
7 hours ago, AlbertR said:

As long as there's no other two-way channel, please ask for ticket 3858655

I don't have that much power unfortunately. If i spot any issues myself day to day I always mention them. 

Teams accounts are going to get a bit of attention. As with everything else it's a slow process of updating all the different areas of Evernote to newer code/tech so things can progress better in the future. 

There's still a lot going on lol. 

17 hours ago, AlbertR said:

... only for Teams accounts on Win11 ...

Not  fixed with EN10.87.6 (instead of message "Fix shortcut and stack expansion and reordering in side bar" from release notes) 😞

• Solution

I realized I'm in the wrong forum. I missed the fact that this is Evernote for Mac. I had this problem on Windows. So: just in case the information might be useful to someone, I now observe that it's fixed in Evernote for Windows (10.87.6).

• 4 weeks later...