(Archived) Feature Request: To-Do List> Time Date Stamp when checked

Hey,

I don't know if the windows version does this - so please don't lash me as I'm using the Mac version (first download from Mac app store).

It's taken me two days to become more productive using Evernote. So Kudos - one NYE resolution complete. I like it immensely.

The To-Do checkboxes are beyond invaluable to me, once I figured out how to make them appear.

However - A time-date stamp on each to-do task - when checked - would be the bees-knees. Automatic-when-checked as complete. This would be internal to a note. So a note with 10 to-dos, could have 10 separate time/date stamps within each note.

That's all. Cool tool, love it. thanks!

Probably not going to happen, since EN's focus is not to be a to do/task list manager. They have stated the only thing they will be adding in the future along those lines is a due date (one per note.) No other dates, no alarms, no reminders, etc.

• Level 5

The To-Do checkboxes are beyond invaluable to me, once I figured out how to make them appear.

However - A time-date stamp on each to-do task - when checked - would be the bees-knees. Automatic-when-checked as complete. This would be internal to a note. So a note with 10 to-dos, could have 10 separate time/date stamps within each note.

Yup, Evernote does have a lot of nice features. There is a work-around shortcut in Windows. It's not automatic, but it is easy. Just press Ctrl + ;

So I when I finish one of the todo boxes inside a note, I hit the shortcut to document when it was completed.

I took a look through the shortcuts for OS X in the Knowledgebase and could not find an equivalent

http://www.evernote.com/about/kb/articl ... ts?lang=en

One of the Mac users might be able to offer some insight into a similar short cut.

Heaven forbid they add a little functionality!

You're missing the point. It's their software, their choice & I don't know why you find that so appalling. They probably aren't going to add any bookkeeping/budgeting functions either, so you'll need to use something like Quicken/Mint, Money, etc for that. They do add functionality that applies to their focus of collecting, sorting & retrieving information.

Like I said, they aren't focusing on being a to do list/task manager. There are a ton of them already out there. You should investigate one of those, if you want that functionality.

Archived