I love the new typeface/font. Can anyone tell me more about this?

Hi I loved the new typeface/font in the latest major update.  I understand it is supposed to be Sans Serif.  But there is something different about it when I use the light background theme.  I can't place a finger on it.  Is it something to do with the background, or is it the type face (leaner, crisper version of sans Serif?).  Does anyone have a clue?

20 hours ago, Jon/t said:

The new font is lovely and called Inter. 

It apparently uses more of the space to create letter so it appears more readable. 

Nasa apparently use it on some of their consoles!!

I wrote a bit about the new font a couple of paragraphs down on this page. 

https://tamingthetrunk.substack.com/p/a-new-look-evernote-launches

Thank you so much for sharing.  You have a great blog post.  I am confused about one thing though.  If that is the font Evernote uses, why does it show up as "Sans Serif" on Evernote?

On 3/29/2024 at 2:53 AM, kkrathi said:

If that is the font Evernote uses, why does it show up as "Sans Serif" on Evernote?

I think it's just to save confusion. The fonts are fixed on all devices so notes display in the same way so knowing the name wouldn't really matter that much. 

Having this consistency solved the big problem with legacy Evernote where notes would look different on different devices because it used the system fonts. 

• Like 1