Note history missing

Evan B

Idea

I had gone into a note of mine to export note history. There was a few years of export options I had in there. 

After looking through my initial selection, I decided to go back to the list and choose a different version.

When going back in, the entire history of backed up note version were gone and I can only see "current version". Has this happened to anyone else? 

Screenshot 2024-02-20 190625.png

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. This is new to me. It could happen if you chose to restore one of the existing options: the restored note would have a new note ID and no previous history. Same if you exported one or more versions and then imported them.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I did not restore, simply exported a selected saved older version of the note from a long list of date options. Separately I checked the current (not exported) version of the note's history and it's all missing. 

I have reason to believe that some very valuable personal writing was on an older version which I somehow can't seem to access anymore. Do you happen to know if Evernote offers any consultation or solutions for situations like this?

Thanks!

• Level 5

Sorry to hear that! I believe it is possible for Evernote tech support to recover things that mere mortals cannot--at least I've heard of such reports. You'll have to contact support and start a ticket: https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action. And then prepare for a very long wait--they're massively backed up. You'll get boilerplate responses at first, and have to assure them that you've updated, restarted, kissed the frog, etc., before anyone will pay real attention.