(Archived) Unable to add web clipper Safari plug-in

stan2borganized

Idea

26 replies to this idea

I have spent hours trying to correct the problem. I have installed and uninstalled: App Store Evernote, Evernote 2.0, Evernote 2.0.2. This is a full uninstall mind you; cache, application support com.evernote.Evernote, Internet plug-ins.

There is no way to regain clipper functionality in my situation. I am hugely frustrated with this transition, just when I was getting over the 1P/Evernote Clipper issues.

*Sometimes the clipper install will just say restart Safari after pressing continue. The other half of the time it asks "Install for this user only" and then completes. No clipper in either case.

Heather,

You may want to change the KnowledgeBase article, to include the link for the new plugin?

It still states to uninstall and reinstall from the main EverNote download site.

I almost did that, and decided to check the forum first…

I am having the same problem. Need assistance. Thanks.

Please see here:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=21531&p=92060#p92014

If *after performing these exact steps*, you're still having issues, please file a support request by clicking the link in my signature below. Please mention that you have already performed the initial steps recommended by me (Heather), and need further assistance. Include a link to this forum post.

There is a permissions issue that may be affecting a very small number of users and prevent them from successfully installing both the clipper and the full client. For everyone else, the above instructions should allow you to correctly install.

The first thing that comes to mind after reading Heather's post is, "What else is different between the App Store and "Full" versions?"

That's pretty much it. Our AppStore version was not allowed to contain any "add-ons", so there's no Safari clipper, and it does not come with the option to install Growl (which is completely optional, and not at all required, in our full client download.)

The first thing that comes to mind after reading Heather's post is, "What else is different between the App Store and "Full" versions?"

Edit: I should add... Thank you Heather for posting the resolution to this issue. I removed the App Store version of EN, downloaded and installed the "full" version, and all works fine.

*updated 1/10/11*

Hey guys -

We wish to thank you for being among the first to download our application from Apple's new Mac AppStore. Unfortunately, we have experienced a slight issue with our standalone clipper plugin being incompatible with some systems.

Update! Here's the new extension:

http://www.evernote.com/about/download/ ... rExtension

If this still doesn't work for you, follow the below instructions:

However, reinstalling our full version, which contains the clipper, will correct this issue.

Please perform the following steps:

Quit Evernote from the elephant icon in the Menu Bar

Drag the Evernote application to the system Trash

Reboot your Mac

Download and install the latest version of the Mac client:

http://www.evernote.com/about/download/ ... vernoteMac

This is a high priority for our engineers to correct, but unfortunately it might not be available for a day or two.

Me also. Fail to install the plug-in.

I'd say the idea of Evernote, user friendly & sync features are great.

Please help to fix the web clipper. I'm expecting this a great feature too.

Evernote for Mac: Version 2.0.1 (118429)

Awaiting good news soon.

Same for me. Plus, the information on the Web Clipper download page is misleading. It says:

"Safari: Clipper installs with Evernote for Mac. To enable it, go to Preferences in Evernote for Mac and click on the Safari plugin option under the clipping tab."

But when I go to Preferences, it tells me that I have to download the plugin. I click the button, and it downloads and the Installer springs into action. But at the end of the process it says:

"There were errors with the installation. You may want to try installing again.

The installation failed.

An unknown installation error occurred.

The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

So I'm contacting you ;-) Assistance, please!

Archived