A few words about the interface update (10.73.4)

1. The application works faster.
2. Visually it became cleaner. 

I have some comments on two things.

2024-02-02163038.thumb.png.8d2a528bd31f453f65a95bad35473b2c.png

1. Empty space between the note and the menu. I suspect that the developers plan to open multiple tabs in a window.
2. The AI button takes up a lot of space, and taking into account that in Ukrainian the words are already much longer than in English - unreasonably much for a button that I almost never use. I think it can easily be reduced to an icon without a description.

I would rate it 4/5.

Well, the problem with the web-clipper is still not solved. Smart categorization doesn't work, it works very badly with mail service - the clipper doesn't see the opened email and tries to save all the contents of the mail client. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Vitaliy Grinchuk said:

The AI button takes up a lot of space, and taking into account that in Ukrainian the words are already much longer than in English - unreasonably much for a button that I almost never use. I think it can easily be reduced to an icon without a description.

Speaking of taking lot of space 😕😒

image2.png.cb22744e1779748e390109d598806f35.png

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
16 hours ago, Vitaliy Grinchuk said:

One more thing.

@Federico Simionato plz, Add a blue border around selected notes when viewing in list mode like in snippet mode. I have good eyesight, but even I can't tell if I've highlighted something or not. The lack of contrast is definitely not about productivity. 

especially in dark mode

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 2/2/2024 at 12:19 PM, janndk said:

Speaking of taking lot of space 😕😒

image2.png.cb22744e1779748e390109d598806f35.png

It's about the same length in English. It's nice that they include the old default font although I much prefer Inter. I think there are more reasonable things to complain about.

I find that not only is the new UI lightning fast now but even the Android app has suddenly gotten really fast. BS is doing great work and it would be great to see less nitpicking over minor things that honestly in this case make sense for usability purposes.

image.png.513a8ab9ae37732b0f655fd402237bd1.png

• Like 4
  • Level 5
20 hours ago, mackid1993 said:

I find that not only is the new UI lightning fast now but even the Android app has suddenly gotten really fast. BS is doing great work and it would be great to see less nitpicking over minor things that honestly in this case make sense for usability purposes.

FWIW: If the Android app is also very fast now, then the new UI probably has nothing to do with it. (Adding space and removing contrast seems unlikely to speed things up, in my limited technical understanding.) More likely they've continued to work on the back end to increase speed.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

FWIW: If the Android app is also very fast now, then the new UI probably has nothing to do with it. (Adding space and removing contrast seems unlikely to speed things up, in my limited technical understanding.) More likely they've continued to work on the back end to increase speed.

Yes I believe they are rolling out RENT as stated in their 2024 "roadmap". But I've also seen UI elements ie animations, get smoother in the new UI.

• Like 3

1. On my larger desktop screen it glares too much, like looking at a large light table. Previously, the dark pane at the left with the list of books helped me focus more on my notes and work shown to the right. So this is a step backwards especially if Evernote claims that this new interface will put my work "more into focus". That claim is like a contradiction! 

2. The font of the titles, etc. on the desktop app is now consistant with the web version but they still look somewhat different (less bold) on my large iPad Pro. No big deal but hey...

• Like 2
  • Level 5
16 hours ago, mypointofview said:

1. On my larger desktop screen it glares too much, like looking at a large light table. Previously, the dark pane at the left with the list of books helped me focus more on my notes and work shown to the right. So this is a step backwards especially if Evernote claims that this new interface will put my work "more into focus". That claim is like a contradiction! 

2. The font of the titles, etc. on the desktop app is now consistant with the web version but they still look somewhat different (less bold) on my large iPad Pro. No big deal but hey...

I agree very strongly with point 1. You can give this and other feedback directly to Evernote at https://waz9zvkd1f2.typeform.com/newuifeedback.

There's a another longer, detailed thread also going on:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the new design, the "Normal" font is not as easy to read as previously. See screenshots of my notes below.

New (Sans Serif) – see the jumping "O" letters in the word "PHOTOS" which is not as easy to read:

image.png.374aaed418504005d7441265d6617b63.png

Old (Source Sans Pro) – everything is much easier to read:

image.png.67afbd37a0d01c8be78f18b3dd433098.png

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, mypointofview said:

New (Sans Serif) – see the jumping "O" letters in the word "PHOTOS" which is not as easy to read:

That's a little odd and I've not noticed this myself.

I'm on Windows 11 with 10.76.2 installed and that sentence looks like this... I added a link so its accurate.

Screenshot2024-02-16125846.png.f3f1ae230bd528a30f500e6bde569de3.png

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

I have to disagree on this one. The only thing about the new UI I like much is the new default font, which I do find easier to read. I have not obsessed over O in all-caps text enough, maybe. 😁 TBH, I can't see what you all are talking about, but that may be just me.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

TBH, I can't see what you all are talking about, but that may be just me.

Add me to the list.  I'm not seeing it either.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I can't see what you all are talking about, but that may be just me.

It seems to be a Mac thing and perhaps also because I'm on an older version. I never have font issues with the zillion other apps/browsers that I'm using.

• Like 1
On 2/2/2024 at 6:45 AM, Vitaliy Grinchuk said:

Empty space between the note and the menu.

I compared your screenshot with the situation on my Mac (High Sierra) and I do not have any space between the note info and the upper edge – on your screenshot marked as 1. Perhaps something was updated in the meantime (your post was February 2, mine here is on February 20). Or it's a Windows thing?

image.png.27c56f4096eb65e121000358d27feede.png

image.png.cbadbdb188ccba11429d475d03f5e98a.png

8 minutes ago, mypointofview said:

I compared your screenshot with the situation on my Mac (High Sierra) and I do not have any space between the note info and the upper edge – on your screenshot marked as 1.

Are you in either expanded view or separate window view? I only see the gray band in those two views.

3 hours ago, Mike P said:

Are you in either expanded view or separate window view?

I'm on macOS 10.13.6 – here's my desktop – the complete application window is enlarged horizontally. The other screenshot shows a single note window.

image.thumb.png.39867ffdba7b5bbf6f29a7a374dc142b.png

image.thumb.png.3cf4acaf7e88c34a1dac297c46c59865.png

3 hours ago, mypointofview said:

I compared your screenshot with the situation on my Mac (High Sierra) and I do not have any space between the note info and the upper edge – on your screenshot marked as 1. Perhaps something was updated in the meantime (your post was February 2, mine here is on February 20). Or it's a Windows thing?

image.png.27c56f4096eb65e121000358d27feede.png

image.png.cbadbdb188ccba11429d475d03f5e98a.png

The space between the note and the menu appears when I expand the note.  

2222.png

1111.png

11 minutes ago, Vitaliy Grinchuk said:

The space between the note and the menu appears when I expand the note.  

Yes, I get the same, but TBH, it does not concern me.

1 hour ago, mypointofview said:

I'm on macOS 10.13.6 – here's my desktop – the complete application window is enlarged horizontally. The other screenshot shows a single note window.

OK looks like there is a difference between Windows and Mac for the separate Window view.

image.thumb.png.5d9caeb6957987837b6ef603b2ae707c.png

I'd still like to see what happens if you actually expand the note (double headed arrow icon at the top left of the note preview). I get the same as @Vitaliy Grinchuk

8 hours ago, Vitaliy Grinchuk said:

I checked the web version. Not a single "hole" was found. Is this really a bug in Evernote for Windows? 

It seems to be. There is no gray band along the top in expanded view on the web version (Chrome, Windows). DEsktop version:

image.thumb.png.75e833775974f7d73b8624d3a8b44b50.png

Web version:

image.thumb.png.9468e1748b72729d7d23e704c248b035.png