I reported this problem a year ago.  EN checked, admitted that the data was lost, compensated me for a year and promised it wouldn't happen again.  Well, it has happened again.  My work process is this:

1) scan notes into a "to do" folder

2) after some time, go back and update the title of the notes, based on the content of thes canned files.

3) move the notes to the appropriate folder

When I go search for certain notes, the title is intact, but the scanned notes are missing.  I know that the were there originally because I had given the note a title.  There is no reason I would have deleted the attached file without deleting the entire note (the only thing in the note is the attachment.)

This is SOOOOOOO frustrating for me and I am never sure what is going to be missing next 😞

• Sad 1
14 hours ago, agsteele said:

If you are a subscriber you could try out the Note History function.

I am a subscriber for 10+ years.  I checked the history (thanks for the suggestion - forgot about this) but the only change was my addition to the title "missing data"

I am having a similar problem. When I'm logged into Evernote Online and create a new note, it allows me to save it. but if I try to add additional content to the note, it refuses to save it. Frustratingly, this behavior isn't true for EVERY note, just some notes. Any idea what's going on here?

Simultaneously, we're having desktop sync issues. Items on the desktop are not making it to the cloud. 

This is not what happens to me.  My note is saved with the attachment.  I go back to the note after some time and it is still there.  I change the title of the note and sometime later, when I check the note the attachment is gone

@Jordan Thompson, Jordan, have you checked the web client to see if your missing material is there?  Since the web client is the most direct look we have into what is actually on Evernote's servers, if your content is correct on the web client, it's likely a problem with your local Windows client.  If that's the case, you might try a complete uninstall and reinstall using Revo uninstaller.  On the other hand, if your content is missing from the web client, that would indicate to me that you'll need help from support to figure out what's going on.

Vinnie

• Level 5
20 hours ago, Music in Motion said:

I am having a similar problem. When I'm logged into Evernote Online and create a new note, it allows me to save it. but if I try to add additional content to the note, it refuses to save it. Frustratingly, this behavior isn't true for EVERY note, just some notes. Any idea what's going on here?

Simultaneously, we're having desktop sync issues. Items on the desktop are not making it to the cloud. 

Is this on a free or paid subscription account?