(Archived) Thanks for PDF support on Mac

Completely agree, now I'm FINALLY starting to actually use EN and getting all of my stuff out of Together!

I've gone through so many apps (DevonThink Pro Office --> ShoveBox --> Yojimbo --> Together) and even though EN is not 100% perfect, it's the closest one so far, and I have confidence the developers will improve it over time [my feature requests first please, lol].

Hopefully when they implement image-OCR inside of PDFs it'll also OCR the stuff we currently have in EN, not just the new notes added from that point forward.

I noticed it's super easy to add a pdf to my notebook, great! However, I can't figure out how to copy it back out of evernote. Anybody know how to get the original PDF back out?

ok, looks like I can get it from the website or drag it out of the a mail.app message as a attachment that appears when you click the email button. It would be nice if you could do this just by dragging to the desktop, it would also be nice if in all of these cases it retained it's original filename.

I noticed it's super easy to add a pdf to my notebook, great! However, I can't figure out how to copy it back out of evernote. Anybody know how to get the original PDF back out?

If you right-click (or control-left-click) on the PDF in the note editor you will get a pop-up menu like the one below, which will allow you to export the original PDF document.

post-8182-131906062018_thumb.jpg

actually, that's a very good point .... why are we unable to drag files out of EN to the desktop?

With the 1.1.0 update you should be able to drag images out of a note. We plan on adding support for the other resource types (including PDF) in the future.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Indeed, a huge thank you to the Evernote team for adding PDF support! I was disappointed when I first tried Evernote because I require PDF support. I tried various other information managers but none really stood out so I was overjoyed when I heard I could try Evernote again.

The biggest benefit is that I can now use the Microsoft's add-on to save Microsoft office files as PDF, import them into Evernote and have the text in them searchable. :)

As requested already, I'd love to see OCR support in PDFs which are images and don't have searchable text embedded within them. My lecturer gave me a PDF of scanned book pages so that isn't searchable currently. :)

Archived