Suggestion to Evernote, make a lower level lower cost subscription. Many free users will leave due to the high cost.

As a long-time user, I understand the need for business growth and the shift from a free model. However, the leap from free access to $13.99/month is substantial and might deter many loyal users like myself.

I’d strongly recommend considering a more basic, cost-effective tier to retain existing customers. This could potentially mitigate the risk of losing a significant portion of your user base. Offering a sample or trial of this new structure could gather invaluable feedback and help gauge user reactions.

In my case, the sole feature that tempted me towards a paid subscription was the ability to use the service across multiple devices. Perhaps a tier focusing on multi-device functionality at a lower cost could be a viable compromise for users like me.

Your consideration of these suggestions and the potential for a more accessible subscription model would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

• Level 5*
On 1/3/2024 at 4:11 PM, Toronto2024 said:

However, the leap from free access to $13.99/month is substantial and might deter many loyal users like myself.

Hi.  I believe Evernote has discounts available up to 40% in the first year.  There are many free and low-cost note takers around if that's all you need - but Evernote clearly felt that their full range of features required a much higher price tag,  and were not prepared to spend more money on the off chance that free users - many of whom had been users for years - would convert.  Cheaper to price them out and - maybe - add more price options later...

• Like 2
  • Level 5
On 1/3/2024 at 11:11 AM, Toronto2024 said:

As a long-time user, I understand the need for business growth and the shift from a free model. However, the leap from free access to $13.99/month is substantial and might deter many loyal users like myself.

I’d strongly recommend considering a more basic, cost-effective tier to retain existing customers. This could potentially mitigate the risk of losing a significant portion of your user base. Offering a sample or trial of this new structure could gather invaluable feedback and help gauge user reactions.

In my case, the sole feature that tempted me towards a paid subscription was the ability to use the service across multiple devices. Perhaps a tier focusing on multi-device functionality at a lower cost could be a viable compromise for users like me.

Your consideration of these suggestions and the potential for a more accessible subscription model would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Welcome to the forums. These are user to user, so you're not addressing Evernote directly. To do that: feedback@evernote.com. IMHO: losing the non-paying portion of the user base is a win, not a loss, for Evernote; and I agree that a lower-priced tier would be a good idea, and I hope they'll implement that once people get the idea that they are not going to get much from Evernote for free.

• Like 2