The new layout sucks

If I´m forced to use the new Evernote layout long-term, and if Evernote disontinues capabilities of the old layout versions, I will cancel my subscription. There´s an outrageous deterioration of this once wonderful app going on that I won´t be part of.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

There are plans for adjustments to the UI scheduled for this month. But don't expect massive changes. Make your plans and commit.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Musimon said:

If I´m forced to use the new Evernote layout long-term, and if Evernote disontinues capabilities of the old layout versions, I will cancel my subscription. There´s an outrageous deterioration of this once wonderful app going on that I won´t be part of.

Could you list it more concretely. Me, as a fellow-Evernote-user, are curious what the things are you run into. Could you compactly list the missing capabilities that you talk about? I have a list of my own, I wonder if there is an overlap. My main issues are currently:

1. sorting on the tag-column in the views
  2. the speedyness/snappyness of legacy version (though Evernote v10 got factors more quick, so I hope that continues)
  3. the "Hide unused tags" in the edit tags Window
  4. a good working Android version when handling/searching 15.000 notes synced to the device

In addition to that I have the wish for new features like Notion like synced-sections (also like Microsoft Loops) and keeping the URL and reminders and backliks more intact than currently, when merging notes (which is very possible to do).

Greetings and a smile,

Mark

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Cost of adapting everything to @Musimon ‚s liking - subscription income * 5 years = … ?!

Anybody can do the math himself.

That’s why this proposition of „Do as I want, or I leave“ can only be answered with „Good bye, and good luck for you“ 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Musimon said:

Here's the bad news: this is a user forum. Bending Spoons employees visit only sporadically. Your fellow users (like me) couldn't change the layout if we wanted to. (And I don't want to -- I like the new Evernote much better than the legacy version.)

Here's the good news: there are lots of alternatives to Evernote. It's very likely you'll find one that makes you happy. Good luck.

• Like 6