FURIOUS

Spent 2 hours sending notebooks (recipes) via email to my personal email so I'd always have them.  Checked to make sure they were there, then proceeded to delete the notebook in Evernote only to find out it deleted all the emails as well.   Now I've lot close to 300 recipes.  Not sure where the fault lies, but since Evernote indicates you can download .pdf files but you really can't, it makes me wonder if this is a trick to get you to keep Evernote.  I can't fathom my email server would do this.  So upset.  I had considered dropping my subscription before, but now I Know for sure I won't keep it.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, Unsell said:

Spent 2 hours sending notebooks (recipes) via email to my personal email so I'd always have them.  Checked to make sure they were there, then proceeded to delete the notebook in Evernote only to find out it deleted all the emails as well.   Now I've lot close to 300 recipes.  Not sure where the fault lies, but since Evernote indicates you can download .pdf files but you really can't, it makes me wonder if this is a trick to get you to keep Evernote.  I can't fathom my email server would do this.  So upset.  I had considered dropping my subscription before, but now I Know for sure I won't keep it.

Evernote has no way to delete your mail. I’m not sure where the problem is but if you verified them in your email, something happened from there.  I occasionally misfile emails.  You may want to check other folders in your email.  Likewise check the trash in both your email and Evernote.  Deleting in Evernote is a 2 step process, so if you haven’t emptied your trash, the deleted Evernotes should still be in there.

Also, I get that you are upset but you might consider changing the post title to something more meaningful.

• Like 2
  • Level 5

There is a web server for a number of accounts. If it goes down (could be from one of the other accounts, or by chance), it can take not yet send emails with him.

Thats not the norm, and usually they are restored when restarting. But who knows.

Could be any further step as well, like an ISP seeing traffic from a certain IP as Spam, and deleting everything.

Once an email has left the EN server, responsibility is passed on. Same for sending emails into EN.

Since mail is such a fragile medium, always check if anything has arrived. If you don’t, you can be furious - about yourself.