Exit code: 1073741819

• Evernote Expert

Since the program is running on most PCs without this issue Is recommend that you completely uninstall using Revo Uninstaller which ensures all remains of a broken application are removed. Then reinstall by downloading the latest installer from evernote.com/download 

Я не могу решить эту проблему с ошибкой. Помогите.
Я удалил приложение через Revo Uninstaller, установил последнюю версию Evernote 10.68.2 и получил (Выход код: 1073741819)
Помогите мне решить проблему.

10.68.2.png

18 hours ago, jackmarc said:

Простое исправление, которое я нашел в другом месте и которое сработало для меня: измените настройки звука Windows на значения по умолчанию для Windows. Кажется, никто не знает, почему, но у многих это сработало — ошибка, похоже, возникает не только с Evernote.

I've already tried this. Does not work.

Same problem here - this morning suddenly I got this "exit code: 1073741819" and I tried the complete uninstall, deleted all temp files etc etc. Then I re-installed, and the same exit codes appears immediately after the re-install (I did not even log in). 

This might be the end of using Evernot for my case. Used it for more than 10 years. 4th og 5th total re-install after crashes this year only so I have lost so much working hrs on this and that is the opposite of the reason to use this app. 

And lack of support as I read about here does not reflect the pretty expensive all Evernote is. 

If anyone gets help or are in touch with support / have any info to share, please share it. 

//BB 

@evernote reached out to my support ticket and this worked for me:

Please follow these steps as they should help you overcome the issue:

1. Check that your content is present on Evernote Web version
  2. Go to File Explorer
  3. Search for %AppData% folder
  4. In this folder, look for Evernote and delete the entire folder
  5. Reinstall Evernote
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I have uninstalled > Reinstalled > ran the program in admin mode > none of these made a difference. EAch time I initivate or open Evernote app, it opens that error message. Can you please assist. 

• Evernote Expert

Did you try the solution posted immediately above your posts? When uninstalling did you use Revo Uninstaller which gets rid of broken installations better than the standard Windows uninstall?

I uninstalled the client using Revo, then restarted my computer and installed the client once more. Same Exit code result.

- Windows 10 Pro. Version: 22H2

Have developers even acknowledged this issue?

Update: I just submitted a support ticket. I will post my results here after I hear back from their support team.

Edited by adamythos
Updated message.
On 12/27/2023 at 5:39 PM, darrenbuttoniow said:

2. Go to File Explorer
  5. Reinstall Evernote

The above worked for me after submitting a ticket 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, darrenbuttoniow said:

Вышеупомянутое сработало для меня после отправки билета 

downloaded and installed the new version of Evernote 10.71.2 and everything works fine for me without errors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I had the same issue after an unrelated system crash in Windows 11. What worked for me was the following:

- Uninstall Evernote from Windows apps

- Search for any remaining Evernote-traces in file explorer with %evernote%

- Delete each and every folder related to Evernote, which on my computer were located in ../user/appdata/local, in ../user/appdata/roaming and ../user/documents

- Restart computer

- Download, reinstall and login again in Evernote

I must say, as a longterm user (> 10 years experience, > 7000 notes) I am very unhappy with later "improvements" of the software

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2023 at 12:39 PM, darrenbuttoniow said:

2. Go to File Explorer
  5. Reinstall Evernote

This worked for me - thank you!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'me meeting with this error regulary in last time.

I know how to fix it (full uninstall + cleaning folders appdata etc). Yes it works.

But after some time the error appears again.

I can't imagine what triggers this error. One of the possible triiger in my case - sudden shutdown of the computer because of blackout of electricity in Ukraine (because of russia's rockets..).

But I see the problem exists around the world where computers work properly.

I've "fixed" more then 5 times and it became so annoying so i think about migrating to another software...

• Level 5

Thanks for sharing this. If blackouts are the reason, computers are affected in different ways. Laptops usually simply switch to their internal battery. A desktop needs to be combined with a UPS. It should only be used for a safe shutdown - a UPS to continue working will be quite expensive.

EN is not the only software that will suffer when the power supply is suddenly cut. All data can be corrupted, even worse with a RAID configuration on a server. I run my NAS connected with a UPS for that reason, even when power outages are very rare where I live.

If you (usually) have a good network connection, you could try to use the web client as your daily driver. You connect directly to the server. If power is cut off, there is no local database that can be corrupted. Maybe the last change will be lost, but that’s it.

Only a few ideas, hope you find a solution.

Слава Україні