50 notes limit - even after paying for 2+ years?

I paid for Evernote premium for over two years while in school but am financially unable to pay for premium this year. However, I signed up for Evernote initially because I knew I could keep adding free notes even if I wasn't able to pay for the service every year. (Up to 100,000 notes)

But now I have a 50 notes limit. No heads-up. No warning. No consideration that I did pay for a couple of years. I get to be one of the "lucky" ones in the test to be put into the 50 notes club. :( 

I'm having no luck finding a way to contact support and ask that I be removed from the test group. Please, I have tried to pay while I could, but I am unable to pay for the premium services currently. I just want to be able to add simple notes. Please help.

image.png.ce3f208ea11f81f328e480d20faad059.png

• Evernote Expert
4 minutes ago, dyarb7 said:

I'm having no luck finding a way to contact support and ask that I be removed from the test group.

There is no test group. All free tier users are subject to maximum 1 notebook and 50 notes limit.

The 100,000 notes to just 50 notes limit for the Free accounts was recently changed on the System Limits page.

There was a marketing test done on a small number of Free accounts starting around October, but that test is over and it started rolling out to all Free accounts on December 4th. There was never an opt-out to that short-lived marketing test.

See here https://evernote.com/blog/evernote-free-note-limits for the blog post about it and here https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/148965-new-blog-post-evernote-free-accounts-will-have-fifty-notes-and-one-notebook/ for an uber discussion about it where the blog post was first introduced.

21 hours ago, dyarb7 said:

But now I have a 50 notes limit. No heads-up. No warning. No consideration that I did pay for a couple of years. I get to be one of the "lucky" ones in the test to be put into the 50 notes club. :( 

If you had a large number of notes accumulated over that period, you'd still be able to use them, just not add new ones.

I can't think of any paid service that would let you to continue using paid features after you cancel the subscription. Whatever you paid in these couple of years was for using the service during that time, not some form of advance payment for future years. Welcome to the SAAS world, it's not any different than a car lease or your phone service.

• Like 2