Why would clicking on a link within EN v10 windows open up the EN web version?

I have created a "Documents Central" pinned note which allows me to go the Home section of EN v10 windows and see important documents in a list.  Each item is listed as a clickable link. 

image.png.052b37337a0d718d46ac01122d4ba444.png

If I click that link it should take me to the driver license document which is located elsewhere in my EN v10 windows.  And if you go to that note you can even see the backlink that re-directs you back to the pinned note in the Documents Central note that it came from.

image.png.288a39ae791dd72d3f31ce858f479499.png

However, there are other hyperlinked lines in that Document Central note that for some reason open up the note in the web browser instead of in the app (it does not do that if I'm doing it from my EN iphone).  Have I set these items up in the wrong way?  ie: did I inadvertently make them hyperlinks that go to the web instead of hyperlinks that go to other places within the same app?

image.png

I found out, in a hard way, that when making intern links in EN Android, the links are web links in EN Windows. I was out traveling, using the spare time in the evenings (nothing else to do) to organize my notes in EN Android. Now every f**** intern notelink opens on web instead of in the windows app ☹️😭

• Sad 2
40 minutes ago, janndk said:

I found out, in a hard way, that when making intern links in EN Android, the links are web links in EN Windows. I was out traveling, using the spare time in the evenings (nothing else to do) to organize my notes in EN Android. Now every f**** intern notelink opens on web instead of in the windows app ☹️😭

I think I've figured it out.  When you choose how to hyperlink you need to choose the Copy Internal Link option from the menu but then you need to choose app link instead of web link.  When I do it that way it opens up in the app.  I didn't realize that before so will have to redo all 30 items now.

image.png.30fb54e7ce5de224f1ffbd26d22940c7.png

26 minutes ago, idoc said:

I think I've figured it out.  When you choose how to hyperlink you need to choose the Copy Internal Link option from the menu but then you need to choose app link instead of web link.  When I do it that way it opens up in the app.  I didn't realize that before so will have to redo all 30 items now.

image.png.30fb54e7ce5de224f1ffbd26d22940c7.png

EN Android has only one option: "Copy internal link" - but apparently it copies a web link instead, or somehow converts it to a web link when the linking note is opened in EN Windows. 🙄

• Level 5
19 minutes ago, janndk said:

EN Android has only one option: "Copy internal link" - but apparently it copies a web link instead, or somehow converts it to a web link when the linking note is opened in EN Windows. 🙄

Slightly more than one 🙂 (I just finally figured this out myself yesterday). "Copy internal link" does indeed always give the Web link. But the blue + button followed by Note Link always inserts the truly internal evernote:///view type link.

• Like 2