(Archived) [suggestion] Add checkboxes ("todo") when emailing notes

I'm an old Evernote user who's getting back in the swing of things. I've been forwarding a large amount of my emails to Evernote, but I have specific follow-up items in many of them that I would like to keep track of.

I'd like to use Egretlist to watch my "to do" items in Evernote, but AFAIK there isn't an easy way to automagically create to dos outside of the Evernote interfae.

Right now I'm tagging all of the notes that need some kind of follow-up action inserted and then editing them in Evernote. What I'd LIKE is for Evernote to parse emailed notes to replace some special key combo with a checkbox. Is that weird?

For example, I'd like to forward an email that contains meeting minutes to Evernote. At the top of the email, I'd like to make a short list of things I have to do related to that meeting. So, I could forward the email and at the top put something like:

{todo} Make appointment for X

{todo} Submit peer reviews

And then have the {todo} strings show up as checkboxes in EN.

Just a thought...

• Level 5*

My guess would be not to hold your breath on this request. Workaround could be to put the tag in the subject of the email. That way you could easily find the notes, treat the note as one big check box or add check boxes in the body of the note, and remove the tag when done. FWIW.

I'd like to use Egretlist to watch my "to do" items in Evernote, but AFAIK there isn't an easy way to automagically create to dos outside of the Evernote interfae.

Egretlist allows you to make "to dos" (translate: notes with one or more lines (within the note) with check boxes.)

I understand that Egretlist makes lists from notes with checkboxes in them. That's what I'm going for!

What I'm trying to figure out is if there's a way to have Evernote automatically insert checkboxes into notes. Right now, the ONLY way to create a checkbox in a note is by using the web or desktop interface.

My point is simply that it's very clunky to have to revisit a note that is emailed or created on a mobile device in order to insert a simple checkbox.

Rob

• Level 5*

There seems to be no way to get Evernote to automatically do anything with notes that it collects, either via clipping, email or import. You want auto-checkboxes, and other folks want auto-tagging, and they're all similar in nature, and they all (currently) would require some sort of intermediate 3rd-party solution.

~Jeff

Archived