• Level 5*

The app is sometimes busy rearranging things after updates - if you still have an issue after a couple of hours,  try a reinstall - uninstall / power the phone off and on again / reinstall.  If that doesn't fix it,  contact Support - though they are very busy and wait times seem to be several days long after you receive a ticket number.

Me too. App freezes when attempting to move a note. Deleted the app and reinstalled. No change. This is unacceptable for an app that has a high price tag. Looking for possible replacement note app. Can only move a note with another device that has not been updated. 

9 minutes ago, dtld said:

Me too. App freezes when attempting to move a note. Deleted the app and reinstalled. No change. This is unacceptable for an app that has a high price tag. Looking for possible replacement note app. Can only move a note with another device that has not been updated. 

I agree. What alternative apps are you considering?  I'm looking as well. 

It's really good to see how things are getting fixed. I know that Evernote has received some beating. But it seems to me that Bending Spoons really are turning the ship around. My confidence in Evernote seems to be returning...

• Like 1
Just now, MaxJensen said:

It's really good to see how things are getting fixed. I know that Evernote has received some beating. But it seems to me that Bending Spoons really are turning the ship around. My confidence in Evernote seems to be returning...

Yeah - but isn't this a bug that was also just barely introduced by Bending Spoons?

One step backwards and then one step forwards is not progress in this specific case. 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Level 5*
28 minutes ago, Boot17 said:

Yeah - but isn't this a bug that was also just barely introduced by Bending Spoons?

Didn't Evernote say that they deleted 7,000 lines of unnecessary code (or some thing similar) recently?  The problem with very large systems is that even the original software engineers probably don't remember why and how they coded half the features.  Making any change in one place to such a huge organism risks putting something else out of whack (technical term ;)) when the app is updated and used on a zillion different systems,  something,  somewhere is probably going to misbehave.  As long as it gets fixed quickly thereafter,  there's (IMHO) no harm,  no foul.

• Like 2
On 10/25/2023 at 9:13 AM, gazumped said:

Didn't Evernote say that they deleted 7,000 lines of unnecessary code (or some thing similar) recently?  The problem with very large systems is that even the original software engineers probably don't remember why and how they coded half the features.  Making any change in one place to such a huge organism risks putting something else out of whack (technical term ;)) when the app is updated and used on a zillion different systems,  something,  somewhere is probably going to misbehave.

Yeah - sure - no disagreement there and I also have too much of personal experience with that! Just pointing out that "It's really good to see how things are getting fixed" is from something that was just broken on Monday in this specific case/thread! Perhaps it was just a general comment and observation, but this thread was about a specific issue, so my mind made that connection.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

This problem has started happening again with todays update.  In addition I can't even search forbthe notebook to move it to.  Move Note is useless in this update.

• Level 5

You updated, or you ask it there is an update, or if there is an update for you ?

From the meager reactions this thread shows you can read that you have an exclusive problem.

One of the last updates brought a fix for not being able to expand all but the first stack. Maybe related, maybe not.

4 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

One of the last updates brought a fix for not being able to expand all but the first stack. Maybe related, maybe not.

This problem is now also in EN android.

• Like 1

I was just reporting that this same problem has started happening again with the most recent release on iOS. I have contacted support but as usual no response. It's funny how the release notes say bug fixes when they actually introduce more bugs. Not to mention a previously reported bug that was fixed and now broken again. 

With the new look update as of late May 2024 i have this problem but never before, i am able to create a note in inbox but unable to to move to a notebook. Even when i try to search a notebook within a stack the stack won't open to show notebooks within the stack. 

Thanks for the tip i literally upgraded yesterday from an Evernote prompt and after your message went to app store and there was another update and now all fixed, thanks so much i do love my Evernote.

• Like 1