(Archived) When Win will catch up on Mac?

Check out the new mac notebooks. I cannot recall the model, but it will run windows xp or mac os x. When you turn it on it ask you whether you want to run os or windows. I guess you can now have your mac and windows to. It will not be long before they figure out how to make the two talk to each other. Some reports say the mac runs windows faster.

Actually, some computer magazine/site tested this and found that a MacBook Pro was the fastest laptop on which to run Vista. I don't remember the exact stats, but it was pretty amusing that the fastest computer for Windows is a Mac. Of course, our Apple Fanboys took that and ran with it.

I will admit that there is a lot to be said for running Windows in a virtualized state on a Mac. It still performs pretty well and you get the benefit of being able to use/test with both environments really easily. You also get all of the benefits of a virtual machine like easily setting up differencing drives and such. :lol:

Actually, some computer magazine/site tested this and found that a MacBook Pro was the fastest laptop on which to run Vista.

I'm pretty sure that is no longer the case as that test was run a good while ago.

I thought it was only a couple of months ago. Still, it was the only justification our Apple guys needed to push for a MacBook for their workstation. It worked for them and they are relatively happy. Kind of funny otherwise because we're a Microsoft shop.

Anyway, Macs still have the advantage of being able to run both OSX and Windows. Non-Macs don't (legally) have that option. :lol:

Archived