(Archived) [suggestion] hotkey

• Level 5*

There are already a couple of hotkeys that will bring up Evernote, one to start a search (Win + Shift + F) and one to open a new note (Ctrl + Alt + N); there may be one that just brings up Evernote, but I don't know what it is. If you want a specific hotkey to do that, you might want to look into the AutoHotKey utility: http://www.autohotkey.com/.

~Jeff

I have scripted in autohotkey in the past, I just don't see why it's necessary to run many scripts just to accomplish hotkeys for many different software if they lack support and especially for evernote, since it already has global hotkeys support for a few things but not activating the window. I think this is a useful suggestion for a notes/gtd application but if you think otherwise that so be it.

i do hope you'd add this to your todo list, even if it must be in v6 or v7 by then.

Thanks

• Level 5*
I have scripted in autohotkey in the past, I just don't see why it's necessary to run many scripts just to accomplish hotkeys for many different software if they lack support and especially for evernote, since it already has global hotkeys support for a few things but not activating the window.

I make suggestions like this mainly because you can do it now, and fairly easily, rather than wait for something that Evernote may or may not implement. It's a fair feature request otherwise.

~Jeff

I have scripted in autohotkey in the past, I just don't see why it's necessary to run many scripts just to accomplish hotkeys for many different software if they lack support and especially for evernote, since it already has global hotkeys support for a few things but not activating the window.

In addition to the reason Jeff mentioned, Autohotkey allows flexibility for each user. I suspect there are a lot of people who would choose Win + Z to do something other than you want it to do.

Archived