Excessive Price Increase

I am not sure anyone else shares my same anger, but I believe an almost 60% price increase in my Evernote annual subscription is un fathomable! Absolutely ZERO communication as to reasons why, justifications, from the company. I believe I’ll spend my remaining time looking for an alternative. Any others feel the same way?

• Like 1
  • Level 5

It was communicated several times, an explanation can be found in the blog article on the EN website - you must not like it anyhow.

The new price is there, the raise is quite steep after no increase at all for several years.

If the value created is still ok, take it. Otherwise look for alternatives that do the job for you for less. All this depends on your use case. There is no 1:1 replacement, but some features are easier to find than others.

• Level 5
2 hours ago, CatBaloo said:

I am not sure anyone else shares my same anger, but I believe an almost 60% price increase in my Evernote annual subscription is un fathomable! Absolutely ZERO communication as to reasons why, justifications, from the company. I believe I’ll spend my remaining time looking for an alternative. Any others feel the same way?

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Rule of thumb: read first, then post. A glance down the page will show numerous existing threads on this, so you're far from alone. Rather than starting another conversation, you may get more traction contributing to one of the others.

WRT the price rise and Evernote's communication, here is their blog post from late April: https://evernote.com/blog/evernote-pricing-upcoming-features-update/. I doubt that that was adequate notice for most users; the justifications given there may or may not impress you. As the post states, "For the vast majority of subscribers this is the first price increase in almost seven years." So essentially they have folded 7 years' worth of incremental increases, plus an increase for new features (plus, without saying it, a little something to help the new owners pay off the loan they must have taken out), into one whopper of a price rise. Not well thought out, IMHO, but in the end, after the shock wears off, it does boil down to whether Evernote seems worth the money for one's particular purposes in using it.

• Like 2