(Archived) Evernote Portable

Is it "normal" for for it to take 30 sceconds or so for adding something to Evernote portable on a usb flash drive? That's what happens when I use Evernote portable with a PNY 2 gig or a Lexar 4 gig. On the other hand when I use Evernote portable on my Seagate FreeAgent usb hard drive, it is just as quick as the full Windows desktop version - a second or so.

Evernote greatly depends on the write speed of the drive, so the timing may significantly vary depending on the particular drive.

Evernote 3.0.0.582 is somewhat faster in saving the note as compared to 3.0.0.550 build, but there is still a room for optimization there.

Meanwhile, we recommend to use hi-speed USB 2.0 flash drives to use with Evernote portable.

Evernote greatly depends on the write speed of the drive, so the timing may significantly vary depending on the particular drive.

Evernote 3.0.0.582 is somewhat faster in saving the note as compared to 3.0.0.550 build, but there is still a room for optimization there.

Meanwhile, we recommend to use hi-speed USB 2.0 flash drives to use with Evernote portable.

I see your point, but the usb drives I'm using are both hi-speed and it seem curious that even a slow one would take 30 times longer than my portable USB hard drive.

• 3 weeks later...

I see your point, but the usb drives I'm using are both hi-speed and it seem curious that even a slow one would take 30 times longer than my portable USB hard drive.

I think it just depends on the USB drive. I have two, one is a Vertabium and a "no name brand". The "no name brand" takes longer to write to. Both are "high speed".

• 2 weeks later...

I'm happy to report that the latest version of Evernote Portable (3.0.0.625) has corrected the problem with the write speed I was having. It now takes about 6 seconds to write to my thumb drive instead of 30 or more which makes using the portable version quite tolerable. Well done.

Archived