Jump to content
  • 1

Dynamic Note


romelden

Idea

Hope can have auto update in the note title of internal note link. (Other apps already have)

Auto create new note when internal link pointed to a new note.

Also would like to have a search result list of titles, tags within the note.  Know that it already can be done in Home.  But there are limited amounts and also not same within the note, with some more details adding.  And this will be very useful for linking up the notes. 

And if there can be link to connect to Notebook, not only notes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

6 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 0
9 minutes ago, romelden said:

Hope can have auto update in the note title of internal note link. (Other apps already have)

Auto create new note when internal link pointed to a new note.

Also would like to have a search result list of titles, tags within the note.  Know that it already can be done in Home.  But there are limited amounts and also not same within the note, with some more details adding.  And this will be very useful for linking up the notes. 

And if there can be link to connect to Notebook, not only notes.

There are some interesting ideas here, although I'm not sure I fully understand all of them.

I agree it would be nice if the title of an internal link automatically updated if the note title changes. It's interesting that the pop up note title, when you hover over the link, is updated. If you use the "copy" option from this menu it will copy the updated note title so you could repaste it if you wanted.

I like the idea of dynamic search results, including more than just the title, in a note. Similarly the link to a notebook. I've long thought that we should be able to link to more than just a note from within a note. I would like saved searches to be linked in notes. To get around this I record the advanced search syntax for a search within the note. I used to then just copy and paste the search string into the search bar. Now I have an AutoHotKey script that does it for me.

image.png.4448f85cb3951a97b69a0adddf748295.png 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0
On 8/11/2023 at 6:12 AM, romelden said:

Hope can have auto update in the note title of internal note link. (Other apps already have)

It does this already if you use the "Title" view instead of the "Text" view:

image.png.bec8889f18dc4cebe8b04d0eba7d16cc.png

I prefer to use the "Text" view though, and I'd also generally like it to update the text of the link if I change the title of the linked note. However, there might be people that prefer it not to change because maybe the specifically want it to be different (and now we are talking have to set a general option or perhaps a new "Text, but update with Title changes" view option.)

On 8/11/2023 at 6:12 AM, romelden said:

Also would like to have a search result list of titles, tags within the note.

Maybe I'm not understanding this one, but doesn't it already do this as well if you use the "Side list" or "Top list" view?

Sorry - misread the sentence earlier. Please disregard what was here before...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • 0
21 minutes ago, Boot17 said:

Maybe I'm not understanding this one, but doesn't it already do this as well if you use the "Side list" or "Top list" view?

I think the OP wants that list to appear dynamically within the note. My solution is to have a sort of "saved search" within the note that would generate the list as you described.

23 minutes ago, Boot17 said:

It does this already if you use the "Title" view instead of the "Text" view:

Good spot. I use text links too and had forgotten that Title view does update.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
  • 0
5 hours ago, Mike P said:

I think the OP wants that list to appear dynamically within the note. My solution is to have a sort of "saved search" within the note that would generate the list as you described.

Oh - I see that now. Thank you.

I've been playing around with Obsidian and it's got a plugin called Dataview that can do this -- it's pretty cool.

Link to comment
  • 0
8 小時前, Boot17說:

Oh - I see that now. Thank you.

I've been playing around with Obsidian and it's got a plugin called Dataview that can do this -- it's pretty cool.

UpNote and Obsidian will update the change of Title. Only EN don’t. 
I am not sure why they use AI to amend the note which editor write, but not do something really needed in workflow. 
 

Sorry for my poor English. 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...