Proxy ports V. 6.25 (Legacy) versus V. 10

I've been a heavy user of Evernote since 2010. I'm a public servant and I use it mainly to organize normative acts and my work tasks. However, on my work computer, since 2019, when version 10 came out, I can only use the Legacy version.

In my work, we are subject to internet access policies that block some websites and applications. Since 2010, I normally use the legacy version, but I can't use version 10 (notes don't even load in the application).

I suspect it's something related to the proxy.

Does anyone have any suggestions to work around the problem?

• Level 5

About which client are we talking ? Desktop ? Web ? Which OS ?

Given the todays threat situation with ransomware attacks running wild, many organizations have switched from „blacklisting“ (I.e. forbidding certain sites) to „whitelisting“ (I.e. only explicitly allowed sites can be accessed). With a „whitelisted“ firewall between you and the web, you can only access your IT and try to get EN whitelisted.

If you are allowed to install a VPN service, you could probably tunnel through the firewall. But first usually you are not enabled to install your own software (and less so security critical software), and second it will likely be against your organizations rules again, and could have severe consequences if you  disable IT security measures.

The times of allowing users to decide what’s best for them are over.

Em 09/08/2023 at 18:20, PinkElephant disse:

De qual cliente estamos falando? Área de trabalho? Teia? Qual sistema operacional?

Dada a situação atual de ameaça com ataques de ransomware correndo soltos, muitas organizações mudaram de "lista negra" (ou seja, proibir certos sites) para "lista branca" (ou seja, apenas sites explicitamente permitidos podem ser acessados). Com um firewall "na lista branca" entre você e a Web, você só pode acessar sua TI e tentar colocar o EN na lista branca.

Se você tiver permissão para instalar um serviço VPN, provavelmente poderá fazer um túnel através do firewall. Mas, primeiro, geralmente você não está habilitado para instalar seu próprio software (e menos software crítico de segurança), e segundo provavelmente será contra as regras de sua organização novamente, e pode ter consequências graves se você desabilitar as medidas de segurança de TI.

Os tempos de permitir que os usuários decidissem o que é melhor para eles acabaram.

I'm referring to the desktop client. Windows 7 operating system.
What intrigues me is the fact that the legacy version works perfectly but version 10 above does not.

The web version works normally, but with it I don't have the same flexibility as the desktop application (e.g. opening pdf attachments directly in the client, without having to download the file to open).

Em 09/08/2023 at 19:49, agsteele disse:

You could try the web client which might work when the desktop app doesn't.

The web version works normally, but I don't have the same flexibility as the desktop application (e.g. opening pdf attachments directly in the client, without having to download the file to open).

• Level 5

Windows 7 is completely outdated, unsupported and insecure.

No computer connected to the internet should still be running it. v10 doesn't support Windows 7 officially. Minimum system requirement for v10 is Windows 10.

If it runs in a Win7 environment, what features and if stable or not is entirely accidental. Support (if they read their own manual) will tell you to update to Win 10. Any computer able to run Win 7 can technically run Win 10 as well - it is not like Win 11, where technical barriers exist.

If in your case v10 is not executing, it is for a lack of meeting the minimum system requirements - it has nothing to do with a Proxy or whatever.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
20 hours ago, @ruygiraldes said:

The web version works normally, but I don't have the same flexibility as the desktop application (e.g. opening pdf attachments directly in the client, without having to download the file to open).

Begging your pardon, but I just looked at a note in the Web version, v. 10.60.4, and viewed several complete PDFs in it, including one that was 41 pages long.

• Like 1