"you may have already noticed how much smoother the sync experience is"

Yeah, sure. All I have to do is make sure my screen doesn't time out, then bottom hamburger menu, top gear menu, bottom Sync, top Sync now, top back arrow, top close X (six extra clicks) after every.single.mobile.note.edit to avoid note conflicts.

• Level 5
18 hours ago, Brian_K said:

Yeah, sure. All I have to do is make sure my screen doesn't time out, then bottom hamburger menu, top gear menu, bottom Sync, top Sync now, top back arrow, top close X (six extra clicks) after every.single.mobile.note.edit to avoid note conflicts.

I'm not experiencing this, though I do sometimes go to the Notes list and pull down the screen (on Android) to make sure that a pending sync has happened. Can you say any more about the circumstances involved? E.g. are you out in the field, or on a strong Wi-Fi or mobile data connection? Any particular types of notes more likely to generate conflicts?

• Like 1
18 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

There are by design no note conflicts any more.

They can only happen if you follow your nostalgic strain, and run legacy with outdated sync in parallel. But that’s a deprecated version and is not advisable.

If the design would work consistently, yes. But if the Android app is once again stuck and does not show the "smooth sync experience" ...which unhappily happens every once in a while ... I indeed get note conflicts as @Brian_Kexperiences. Unfortunately on Android you cannot see if the sync has stopped working again. Sometimes you realize too late, that the EN app for Android has stalled the sync. No matter what you do, it then will not sync until you clear ram, cold start the app or even reboot the device. I guess to prevent that @Brian_Kmanually triggers sync on Android regularly.

I would speak about the sync being smooth if it was a reliable no-brainer for the end user 😉. Hopefully Evernote reaches this state when they introduce they overhauled meta data sync and - finger crossed - reestablish background syncing capability for mobile (as before on Android) again.