Insert time shortcut not working

I'm trying to use the Ctrl+Shift+D to insert a time-stamp into a note.  Only problem is that nothing happens.  The insert Date shortcut (Alt+Shift+D) does work.

This was seen firstt in 10.54.4, and now, on the advice of support, 10.59.5 which I just upgraded to.  Could the list of keyboard shortcuts be wrong and the insert time is different than what is shown?  And speaking of the list of keyboard shortcuts, I've also discovered that I cannot change any of them.  I've tried double-clicking the short-cut name, the letter and all of the above.  Nothing seems to allow me to make any changes.

So far  support has not offered any help other than make sure you are at the latest version.

Bill W

I'm running Windows 11 as shown below.

image.png.e4b33f7e59e0c0771202c2d228953ad5.png

• Evernote Expert

I'll speak up for AutoHotKey. I know that @Mike P also uses this. 

I created a keyboard shortcut to add date AND time in my preferred format and never try to use the native Evernote shortcut :)

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

Have a search for AutoHotKey via your favourite search engine. I'll try to render to fish out my AHK script.

AHK requires a willingness to write some code. Otherwise there are other programs for developing keyboard shortcuts.

@wildbill001 The code I use to add date and time in ISO format  when I type ]d is

; ISO 8601 format date-time
::]d::
{
	SendInput FormatTime(,"yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss")
}

As you can see it's pretty easy to configure the date and time to however you want it.

2023-07-27 16:54:13

And just to mention an alternative, I use Text Expander.  I have a "snippet" set up to enter the date in the format I want: YYMMDD - I just type semi-colon date and I get this 23-07-27 in whatever program I'm using.   I took a look at AutoHotKey but, although it's free and more capable than TExt Expander, I'm not smart enough to use it!  The learning curve for me would be too time consuming.  

Vinnie

13 minutes ago, VincentC said:

I took a look at AutoHotKey but, although it's free and more capable than TExt Expander,

AHK is probably overkill for just simple text expansion if that is all you need. If you want to program hot keys to speed up processes or introduce processes that are  not possible in EN, it's brilliant. For example, I would now find it frustrating to not have the equivalent of saved searches embedded in my notes at the place I need them!

Yes, thanks, and I agree... and I would actually like to program a few hot keys.  But for now, a tiny time investment in learning Text Expander takes care of 80% of my needs and has given me a significant productivity boost using Evernote, and that's why I shared in case others are interested.  Meanwhile, I learned of AHK in this Forum - thanks! - and I may get to learning AHK eventually, but for now that's more of a time commitment than I can invest.  

thanks again!

Vinnie

16 minutes ago, Mike P said:

AHK is probably overkill for just simple text expansion if that is all you need. If you want to program hot keys to speed up processes or introduce processes that are  not possible in EN, it's brilliant. For example, I would now find it frustrating to not have the equivalent of saved searches embedded in my notes at the place I need them!

• Like 1