(Archived) Cannot view any notes on Android

alasdair

every time I try to view a note (already there) on my android (htc wildfire os 2.1) i get

Sorry!

The application Evernote (process.com.evernote) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I don't have offline notebooks enabled.

Seems to be the same for whatever sort of note.

the evernote version is 87 (from the application info)

thanks for the response. I've just sent it in.

If you can suggest any testing I can do to identify the problem I'll do my best to help - I get paid for software testing so I don't mind having a go.

It's particularly important for me to do this as neither browser (opera mobile or the built in one) displays the web front end of evernote right so I now have no way of viewing my notes on my phone which i used to have via the web front end on my old nokia.

So anything you can do to improve this so close to being perfect product will be much appreciated :)

If you can suggest any testing I can do to identify the problem I'll do my best to help - I get paid for software testing so I don't mind having a go.

It's particularly important for me to do this as neither browser (opera mobile or the built in one) displays the web front end of evernote right so I now have no way of viewing my notes on my phone which i used to have via the web front end on my old nokia.

So anything you can do to improve this so close to being perfect product will be much appreciated :)

Did you try the mobile site, http://www.evernote.com/mobile?

I just tried it on android 2.2 and it seemed to work. Its much slower than the native app of course.

I looked over your logs. The database that your browser uses somehow got damaged or deleted. This isn't an Evernote problem.

The crux of the problem is:

W/dalvikvm( 3504): threadid=41: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001e390)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3504): Uncaught handler: thread WebViewCoreThread exiting due to uncaught exception

E/AndroidRuntime( 3504): android.database.sqlite.SQLiteException: file is encrypted or is not a database

Some googling indicates that the files on your internal memory may have been corrupted or the permissions may have changed.

Archived