Evernote login problem

tacco41

Idea

A free user since 2012, I this morning is unable to login. Reason: "too many (3) devices". I only use mobile version on my Iphone and the web version on my PC. The third device that all of a sudden popped up was an iphone which was "last used one hour ago" – when I was sound asleep. Naturally I removed the second Iphone (which probably referred to the one replaced in 2020). But that did not help, the login problem kept coming back – I removed the ghost iphone, and after having done that a few times I was told that too many removals shut me off for a month!. De-installing and Re-installing Evernote om my iphone made no difference. Login via Google worked until I tried to make changes in one of my many notes; then back to being logged out. I then opened my web version on my PC, checked devices, and found that only the two correct ones were listed; my iphone and the web version. However – after a few seconds the same messages came up and I was logged out.
So now – after 11 years of happy Evernoting, I am logged out for no obvious reason and my archive of really essential notes unreachable.
Help needed

4 replies to this idea

• Evernote Expert

You have hit the limits of a Free account. Paying users aren't limited in this way.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/218558068-Understanding-the-device-limit

The quickest resolution is to pay for one month being sure to cancel renewal about two weeks before it is due. That will also give you access to paid technical support where you can raise the matter directly with Evernote.

We are mostly other users here.

16 minutes ago, agsteele said:

You have hit the limits of a Free account. Paying users aren't limited in this way.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/218558068-Understanding-the-device-limit

The quickest resolution is to pay for one month being sure to cancel renewal about two weeks before it is due. That will also give you access to paid technical support where you can raise the matter directly with Evernote.

We are mostly other users here.

I think you misread my input. I have not hit the limits of Free account. I have not made changes to my Evernote account for years. The third Ghost iphone appeared from nowhere - most probably from a glitch in an Evernote server. No action on my side - but locked out from all my info.

• Evernote Expert

I think we are miscommunicating. For whatever reason you have reached those limits. Whether it is your doing or not is, sadly, immaterial.

The system has decided that you have breached the Free limits. Technical support is a paid service. So my advice still stands. Or you have to wait until the month times out. But if the rogue device cannot be disconnected then you will be back where you are.

At the bottom of the reference page is a link to contact support. You could try following the option to submit a ticket as a guest. 

18 minutes ago, agsteele said:

I think we are miscommunicating. For whatever reason you have reached those limits. Whether it is your doing or not is, sadly, immaterial.

The system has decided that you have breached the Free limits. Technical support is a paid service. So my advice still stands. Or you have to wait until the month times out. But if the rogue device cannot be disconnected then you will be back where you are.

At the bottom of the reference page is a link to contact support. You could try following the option to submit a ticket as a guest. 

Thanks for taking time to answer. So far - during the few moments Evernote is open - before it closes again - I take screen dumps in order not to completely loose all notes. After that, I'll try Tech Support. Thanx 🙂