(Archived) Images on mobile site too small

If I browse to one of my notebooks via Pocket IE images of scanned receipts are too small to make out what they say.

I understand that a balance has to be struck between image file size/screen size/bandwidth, but really I can't find anything I've scanned that's readable on my device.

It seems like a few options are available:

• [*:3bwii9x3]If the smaller size images for mobile devices are generated on-the-fly generate them based on the reported screen resolution of the device.
    [*:3bwii9x3]Another option is allowing the user to set a max width resolution in their settings.
    [*:3bwii9x3]Link the image to a larger version of the same image or present a set of links following the image at different sizes.

If you're viewing our mobile web interface (http://preview.evernote.com/m) and you see a picture that was reduced in size, there should be a link at the bottom of the page that says "Full Size". When you follow this, it will give you the full resolution of the original image.

There's not.

Immediately following the image there is:

Results xx of xxx

<< Newer | Older >>

Back to results

Email this note

Delete this note

A search box and button

Home Settings

Sign out

If you're viewing our mobile web interface (http://preview.evernote.com/m) and you see a picture that was reduced in size, there should be a link at the bottom of the page that says "Full Size". When you follow this, it will give you the full resolution of the original image.

There's not.

I'm getting mixed behavior on this: in some notes the link is there, in some it is not.

It could be either time-dependent or size-dependent, as I lowered the resolution of the photos I was uploading after I found out about the quota limit. My earlier pictures are 1600x1200, and they have the link. My newer pictures are 640x480, and they do not have the link. (Both are reduced to 480x360 in the mobile page.)

If you do manage to get the link (it will be between the "email" and "delete" options), be aware of the fact that there is an existing bug that the note opened by this link may well not be the note displayed on the current page; I reported this a few days ago, so I imagine it will be fixed sometime soon, but it's still there as of this evening.

I've found some of my images that do display the "Full size" link.

The problem is, that when I click this link the image that is displayed is the exact same size. In fact the only difference on the page is that the "Full Size" link changes to "Scale image content".

Neither image is of good enough quality to recognize any of the text in the image...

The problem is, that when I click this link the image that is displayed is the exact same size. In fact the only difference on the page is that the "Full Size" link changes to "Scale image content".

Neither image is of good enough quality to recognize any of the text in the image...

I see the same behavior (clicking on the "Full Size" link does nothing) on my Blackberry. This is true using both the Blackberry browser and Opera Mini. I end up having to email the note to myself and then viewing it through email.

It works fine for me using Pocket IE on my Windows Mobile 5 Professional device (Cingular 8525): selecting "full size" shows me the photo in the original resolution.

You are using PIE in "View -> Desktop" mode, right? I do see the photo unchanged in the "full size" page when I'm running PIE in "View -> Default" or "View -> One Column" mode, naturally, but that's because PIE is scaling both the Evernote-scaled and the full-size versions to fit on the screen. (I don't know anything about the Blackberry and Opera Mini browsers, so this may not apply to them.)

Have you tried running the Evernote mobile site from your desktop browser? Do you see different resolutions when you select "full size" then?

Ok, I'm glad you reminded me about IE's desktop mode. I rarely use Pocket IE since it sucks so badly compared to Opera Mini.

If I enable Desktop mode I do get the larger sized image, but the quality is horrible! It's so pixelated that I still can't read most of the text.

I did get this working correctly in Opera Mini, though.

You have to go to Settings and set image quality to high.

Opera Mini - 1

PocketIE - 0

Archived