Red screen "Ooops something went wrong" when saving quick note

I lost notes from couple days, as I foolishly trusted Evernote and it seems they are not able to get handle of the new Android. 

Answerw from the support team:

"Based on the information I have so far, it is possible that this content may not be recoverable. Our support team will investigate all options for recovery before coming to that conclusion."

Time to move to competition. 

• Like 1

There is a known bug. It is expected to be resolved in the next release which started to be rolled out yesterday.

Is there an official bug report and proof that it is being fixed?

This has been an issue for several weeks now.  Android Evernote 10.51.2 widgets are unusable and in the app, sketch support is completely broken.  If you are lucky, you can start writing a single line and then it locks up.  I tried clearing the cache, deleting the data, and uninstalling the app and reinstalling it and now nothing works as it just spins incessently trying to load a note.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
4 hours ago, EspressoE said:

Is there an official bug report and proof that it is being fixed?

;) No, I made that up ;)

But you can see the release notes for 10.52 here...

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, agsteele said:

There is a known bug. It is expected to be resolved in the next release which started to be rolled out yesterday.

Surprisingly, not available on direct download yet, so maybe the roll out hasn't started ..

5 hours ago, s2sailor said:

Surprisingly, not available on direct download yet, so maybe the roll out hasn't started ..

Most likely just lies from Evernote.  They have turned off support chat and disabled the ability to open support tickets, but I did received my 70% price increase email today as well.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Don't know who is lying here ... support works, they just have a delay to react due to the volume of tickets. Will maybe take longer than the usual bunch of hours.

Chat has been discontinued before - when ticket volume it up, serving a chat beside the tickets is simply not possible. So they tell when they take it down (and it's down), and they will tell when it comes back online.

Good you got your email notification - gives you full 4 weeks to decide about what to do. But you knew before, so just a formality.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I get that some people are fans of Evernote, BUT at the end of the day it's a paid service that handles sensitive matters (at least for me).

There is a total lack of transparency, a simple heads up email that there is a problem would do - but hey why bother, better to wait reactively, hoping that users won't scream too loud. However, information about revised pricing was delivered meticulously...

Also please know that because of the app's opening issue. Tasks created on the widget also go missing because once you enter the task it has nowhere to go, similar to the snip having nowhere to go because the Evernote app is never running in the background.

54 minutes ago, James000 said:

Also please know that because of the app's opening issue. Tasks created on the widget also go missing because once you enter the task it has nowhere to go, similar to the snip having nowhere to go because the Evernote app is never running in the background.

That is why when I create an app in the widget on my phone, I make sure that Evernote is running so that it syncs.  Never had a problem with Tasks created on the Phone, not Syncing.

On 7/15/2023 at 2:49 PM, PinkElephant said:

Would you please name an app (consumer grade) that sends proactively emails to its entire user base whenever there is an issue detected in that app ?

Thank you !

This is true. Also, as much as these setbacks negatively effect my workflow, I have to admit that there is no other service a I can find that comes close to Evernote, even on a bad day..

• Like 1
On 7/15/2023 at 11:30 AM, PinkElephant said:

Don't know who is lying here ... support works, they just have a delay to react due to the volume of tickets. Will maybe take longer than the usual bunch of hours.

Chat has been discontinued before - when ticket volume it up, serving a chat beside the tickets is simply not possible. So they tell when they take it down (and it's down), and they will tell when it comes back online.

Good you got your email notification - gives you full 4 weeks to decide about what to do. But you knew before, so just a formality.

@PinkElephant   When I said support was down, both chat was disabled and https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new would require a log-in and just open up Evernote web.  That to me is down, but glad to know that I'm just a liar in your opinion.

• Level 5

Sure support requires a login - unless you use the guest access.

Technical support is a subscribers feature, so it needs the identification of the user.

If access is blocked, it is usually a local problem, like a cached content that is getting in the way of the support access. Usually the mobile client offers an independent access to support, that doesn’t use the browser.