Help renaming Tags using F2

Hi,

Can anyone explain how to rename tags using the F2 key?

When I right-click on a tag, I see the option to rename the tag, and the keyboard shortcut 'F2' is next to it.  But when I press F2, instead, Evernote highlights the title of the first file in the list of files that has that tag, instead of opening up the Tag edit dialog box.

Thanks

I'm not sure whether you are right clicking a tag in the sidebar or in the tags pop out menu. In the tags pop-out menu you can scroll through the tags and each one has a blue outline in turn. If you press F2 you do get the option to rename.

image.png.53f9d183112a696a2f8d61e3a945ac88.png

The sidebar does not work similarly even though F2 is listed as an option there as well.. I have never felt the need to scroll through the tag list but if you do then F2 might be useful.

• Thanks 1

@Mike P Interesting that it works somewhere, alas, the 'scroll method'  you always have to start at the top - if you try to cheat and click on one further down the list, then the pop-out list goes away and you can no longer interact with the tags. 

All: I will mention this to support as a minor bug.  I am renaming a number of tags, and a shortcut would have helped. 

Cheers

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Grant837 said:

@Mike P Interesting that it works somewhere, alas, the 'scroll method'  you always have to start at the top - if you try to cheat and click on one further down the list, then the pop-out list goes away and you can no longer interact with the tags. 

All: I will mention this to support as a minor bug.  I am renaming a number of tags, and a shortcut would have helped. 

Cheers

In addition, while you can open and close nested tags with the right and left arrow keys, holding down the up or down arrow keys does not speed through the list - you need to repeatedly press the keys. That makes it not at all useful for a long list of tags.