Move tag, sub tag & all notes to a new notebook?

I know how to select a note and move it to another notebook but is there a way to select a tag and move every note and sub tags with their notes? I have tags that have 30 sub tags each with notes and I want to move them to a new notebook. 

I currently have one notebook with some pretty big tag categories like "work" and "family" each with multiple subs. I want to create a notebook just for "family" and just for "work" etc..

I am using the latest windows client and Android client

27 minutes ago, Booray said:

I know how to select a note and move it to another notebook but is there a way to select a tag and move every note and sub tags with their notes? I have tags that have 30 sub tags each with notes and I want to move them to a new notebook. 

I currently have one notebook with some pretty big tag categories like "work" and "family" each with multiple subs. I want to create a notebook just for "family" and just for "work" etc..

I am using the latest windows client and Android client

I think I understand what you want to do. If you select the main tag you can then select all notes which contain sub tags using the drop down accessed from the V in the blue tag lozenge.

image.png.a6328d177d30895edfa7876ad60f03cd.png

Note that if you have too many sub tags this will fail with no warning!

You can then select those notes and move them using the blue multiselect menu that pops up. Note that you are limited to selecting 100 notes at a time so you may need to repeat the process a few times.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*

Adding to @Mike P's post; just move the notes    
The tags/subtags are already defined for the database, and will be available in the new notebook

• Like 1

Yes but will the tags move with the notes? 

1 hour ago, Mike P said:

I think I understand what you want to do. If you select the main tag you can then select all notes which contain sub tags using the drop down accessed from the V in the blue tag lozenge.

image.png.a6328d177d30895edfa7876ad60f03cd.png

Note that if you have too many sub tags this will fail with no warning!

You can then select those notes and move them using the blue multiselect menu that pops up. Note that you are limited to selecting 100 notes at a time so you may need to repeat the process a few times.

I created a test tag with sub tags and put notes in them. Then I did as Mike P suggested and it seemed to work. However, when I click on the new test notebook, I still see all the tags from the main notebook. I assumed that when you were in a notebook you would only see that notebook's tags. The whole point of me wanting separate notebooks is to reduce the tags on the screen. :)