ENSCRIPT - Current Version of Evernote - any command line features available in Version 10? - Open Notebook, Open Notes with tag?

On my laptop I recently made what I'm perceiving now to be a mistake - I upgraded from the Legacy version to the current 10.58.8 (4175) version (Windoze).

The updated DELETED my legacy version and with it support for ENSCRIPT which I had used regularly to launch Evernote with specific options - a particular notebook or tag.

Is there a command-line ability to do this with the Windoze 10 version?

TIA

• Like 1
8 hours ago, FrankLeeMyDeer said:

Is there a command-line ability to do this with the Windoze 10 version?

Your best approach is probably something like AutoHotKey. I use AHK to automate alot of things that were easier to do in legacy than in V10 and also things that can't be done in either.

Approaches to your specific issue might be:

• Use AHK to launch EN and then either
    • use the advanced search syntax to search for the specific notebook or tag you want
    • Having saved the specific notebook or tag you want as a shortcut, use the ctrl+1 etc keyboard shortcut to access them through the AHK script.

All of this can be scripted quite simply in AHK. If EN is already open then you can use the EN global shortcut. win+shift+F, to open EN and then add your search directly.

Sadly, whether you use @PinkElephant's API suggestion or my AHK idea, you will need to learn a new way of working as enscript is definitely not supported in V10.

The other possibility is to use the web version. You can create a web browser bookmark to whatever view you like, so just search for the tag and save it as a bookmark.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Mike P said:

All of this can be scripted quite simply in AHK

I wanted to illustrate the sort of things that are possible - actually just a good opportunity for me to hone my still very embryonic AHK skills

So for example if I place a text file containing the script below with the extension ahk on my desktop, double clicking it opens EN and then goes to my third shortcut

{
	Run "C:\Users\mike\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Evernote.lnk"
	Sleep 5000
	Send "^3"
}

The 5 second (5000ms) sleep is to allow EN to launch

Alternatively if EN is already running in the background, the following script will open EN and search for the tag called  grammar when I press ctrl+shift+g

^+g::
{
	SendEvent "#+f"
	Sleep 200
	SendEvent "^!1"
	Sleep 500
	SendEvent "^!2"
	Sleep 500
	SendEvent "#+f"
	Sleep 200
	SendEvent "tag:grammar{Enter}"
}

(The script goes to "Home" and then back to "Notes" as that is the easiest way I have found of programmatically clearing a search.). The general slugishness of V10, even on decent kit,  means  you need to put in significant delays at various points.

• Like 1