Backup for notes from web app

Cane Randagio

Idea

Hi everyone!
I hope you are having a nice day.

I wanted to share with you a feature request for our beloved Evernote web app that has become an essential part of my daily life, and I love knowing that I can record and organize my ideas in one place.

There is one aspect that I find rather worrying: the lack of a backup system for our notes.
In today's world where data protection is paramount, not having a backup of our precious notes is, in my opinion, really stupid.

I understand that the web app version of Evernote for Windows allows notes to be backed up, but we have to consider that not all users are on Windows.
It is essential to guarantee the same functionality for other platforms as well, such as Linux and the Webapp itself.

Therefore, I would like to kindly request the Evernote development team to seriously consider implementing this backup feature for the web app.

I know the team is always striving to improve the user experience, and it would be great to know if this backup feature is already in development.
If the backup functionality is already under development, could you please speed up the implementation process?
The security of our data is a fundamental aspect, and having the possibility of making regular backups of our notes would offer us greater peace of mind.

I really appreciate the attention that the Evernote team gives to user requests and I hope that this request will be considered.
I'm sure that with your hard work and dedication, we can make Evernote even better than it already is.

Thanks for your time and the opportunity to share my ideas.

• Like 2

8 replies to this idea

• Evernote Expert

You could try the GitHub project evernote-backup. It works well for me and it's cross platform.

Others use Backuppery although this has since charges connected.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5

On the web you can only export individual notes.

You can either use the Backuppery.com service (for a fee) or the free project on GitHub. Both use the API, which is independent from the client used.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Cane Randagio said:

not having a backup of our precious notes is, in my opinion, really stupid

Yup.

I understand that the web app version of Evernote for Windows allows notes to be backed up

News to me...

it would be great to know if this backup feature is already in development.

Companies rarely give advance notice of what they're working on - users get upset if an announcement is not 'their' thing,  and competitors get advance notice what to prioritise.

Oh,  and... Export notes and notebooks as ENEX or HTML  (on a desktop client,  not the web)

2 hours ago, agsteele said:

You could try the GitHub project evernote-backup. It works well for me and it's cross platform.

ah what good news, I will try it now! Thank you

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Oh,  and... Export notes and notebooks as ENEX or HTML  (on a desktop client,  not the web)

What do you want to tell me?

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, Cane Randagio said:

What do you want to tell me?

That if you read the page it says:

Export your notes to:  Create backup copies of your content

22 hours ago, agsteele said:

I did the backup with evernote-backup, it works great, thanks!

11 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

On the web you can only export individual notes.

You can either use the Backuppery.com service (for a fee) or the free project on GitHub. Both use the API, which is independent from the client used.

I backed up with evernote-backup, while backuperry is for windows only.

• Like 2