Is the new AI feature training on my notes?

Go to solution Solved by twf,

Thank you for the info. Is it in the terms of service (TOS), though, that the AI engine is not part of OpenAI (for example) and won't feed my note content into the algorithm?

I have found this statement in the TOS, but it does not specifically address feeding the note into OpenAI and if that note's contents are now part of the AI training and algorithm.

• We disclose your information with our service providers who process data on our behalf, such as credit card processors and customer management systems. We require these providers to agree to strict data protection requirements in keeping with our privacy policy standards and our obligations under data protection laws. We do not share your information with any third parties for their own advertising purposes. For example, these service providers help us:

• ○  Operate, develop, and improve the features and functionality of the Evernote Service.

• ○  Complete your payment transactions.

• ○  Fulfill your sales and support requests.

• ○  Communicate with you as described elsewhere in this Privacy Policy.

Edited by twf
  • Solution

I have found a statement in the Supplemental TOS

Privacy

Your use of the AI Feature is subject to the Evernote Privacy Policy, which describes our collection, use, and disclosure of personal information. We do not use Input or Output to train our artificial intelligence models or tools unless you direct us to do so.

• Evernote Expert

Although Evernote does use OpenAI  to power the current AI Cleanup function, it uses the business product and have configured everything to not feed the AI brain.

As others have said, if you choose not to use AI Cleanup (a two step decision) your note will never visit the AI process.

We'll have to see exactly how the AI search will work but I anticipate, based on conversations with the devs and Evernote Experts, that users will have the same option to opt out of all AI process.

• 7 months later...

Hellou there, i have the same concern, but now as the new service do it change. and i don't understand well the new service contract(the 2024 update). and the layer in with our information pass. so, excuse me if this is repetitive, but can i ask...

Does this new Update of our privacy policy and legal terms of 2024 that enter, into effect as of February 15, 2024. have the following:

• Are you going to use our data current or plan to use it; to train an IA engine?
  • What are the projects related to the use of the IA that involve evernote users.?
  • 3 Laws of Data Protection still work? do it changed with the new update of privacity 2024.?

thanks for answer this questions.

Gustavo Quiroz (Colombia).

PD: is really difficult reach you the team of communication to have a one to one by chat at least conversation about this topic. i hope this will improve. namaste for the reading.