(Archived) manually sync does automatic syncing?

evermullah

Idea

hi,

i installed the new mac client 2.0 and started it.

my sync-setting was every 15 minutes.

after the whole migration-procedure, en tried to sync, but i did unplug the ethernet-cable.

the result was no syncing and a red ! on the sync-button.

until now, everything ok.

then i set the sync-settings to manually

and plugged the ethernet-cable in the mac again.

until now, everything ok.

then, the en-thumbnailer-thing popped up, via little snitch and i saw, that en wanted to connect to the amazon-servers (maybe for some missing images in some notes).

(i cant remember, if i allowed or declined the download of the images via the en-thumbnailer-thing.)

until now, everything ok too, because i did not forbid that anywhere in the settings of EN.

but now, about half an hour later or so, i see new notes in my notebooks?!

i still have the sync set to manually and, of course, i did not press that sync-button.

how can this happen?

2 replies to this idea

Did you link any shared notebooks into your account? You can configure the synchronization interval for shared notebooks to be different from your own notebooks. (Typically, you may sync them less frequently, but I think you could configure them to sync more frequently if you really wanted to.)

Did you link any shared notebooks into your account? You can configure the synchronization interval for shared notebooks to be different from your own notebooks. (Typically, you may sync them less frequently, but I think you could configure them to sync more frequently if you really wanted to.)

well, i don't think so, but i'm not sure.

(at least, i did not change the sharing options in the last weeks)

this is the notebook, on which all new notes (i.e. from mails) arrive.

post-21234-131906069044_thumb.png

post-21234-131906069045_thumb.png

Archived