Desktop App Error Message "Unsupported Client"

I'm on a Mac running their M1 chip. My OS is Ventura 13.4.1.

I'm also running version 11.38.0 of the Evernote app, and when I click the Update Now button, it says I'm up to date.

Here's the problem: right at the top of the Evernote app, I'm getting a big red warning that says "Unsupported Client. Please uninstall your app and download the supported app from Evernote.com. This version will stop working on June 28."

How can I get this message while I have the latest version that is a higher number than the version on the Evernote website (11.38.0 > 10.58.8)?

Do I uninstall the version 11.38 and install the lower number 10.58?

I REALLY don't want to lose my notes.... 

Thanks!

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, BigBug said:

How can I get this message while I have the latest version that is a higher number than the version on the Evernote website (11.38.0 > 10.58.8)?

Can you provide a screen shot of where you see the version number?  It sounds like you are on the older legacy version but the version number you provided does not match up.  The latest version is 10.58.8.

• Evernote Expert

As @s2sailor says, it sounds like you are still using an older version of the software.

You can always download the latest version at evernote.com

Be ready for a significant change to the software. With just a few days the learning curve may be a little challenging.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 7/9/2023 at 8:23 AM, pouncer said:

Having a similar issue.  When I try to use my Mac desktop app on my laptop I get this is the error that I am getting:

Hi.  As already suggested,  try reinstalling.  Also - remove the email address from your image - this is a public forum and you could make a lot of new unwelcome friends by broadcasting your address.

• 2 weeks later...

I get the exact same msg as pouncer.  The problem is that I will download the latest ver and install and be good but then 3 weeks or so later the same thing happens again.  then I have to download the latest ver, which may be the same ver I already have, and install it and then i'm good again.  it's a mad circle of having to reinstall it to get past this msg every 3 or so weeks. I use Evernote on a daily basis for over 5 years.  this just started happening sometime early this year.  It should prompt me that there is a new version and do I want to install it but that's no longer happening.   Windows 10 pro.

• Level 5*

@KeithN - Hi:  sounds like a 'clean' install may be called for.

1. Sign out of Evernote choosing NOT to save your data on the local device
  2. Use Revo Uninstaller Free to completely remove Evernote and all it's support files from your system.
  3. Power your device off and on
  4. Re-download Evernote and reinstall
  5. Sign back in with your usual ID
  6. Choose a beverage while the server re-creates the database.  (This may take a while...)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Gazumped.  that fixed it.  While uninstalling I discovered that I had 2 different versions installed.  not sure how that happened.  Uninstalled both and installed the latest ver.  all good now.

• Like 1