Does enex file viewer exist?

• Level 5*

.enex files are in ENML, Evernote's XHTML subset. As such, you can edit them in a text editor. Otherwise, the only viewer that I know about would be Evernote itself.

~Jeff

jefito,

Thanks for the reply.

the only viewer that I know about would be Evernote itself.

Now I give up searching.

Then after I open notes in Evernote anyway, I'll delete it.

MartinPacker,

Thanks for info.

Unfortunately the ways are difficut for me, so I'll simply export as HTML with Evernote.

• 2 weeks later...

I messed with a PHP file viewer using XSLT. There are problems but they're not insurmountable. The most difficult one is the use of CDATA sections in the ENEX file. But pre-processing the file before doing the XSLT to replace certain strings with a single space works well. (This would apply if using any of the other XML-processing techniques.)

I'm not sure I want to or can release my code sample but at least I've proven it can be done - in not many lines of code.

Martin

• 3 years later...

I am really struggling with this. I need my files from evernote to be in word in dropbox. I have exported in the enex format but it does not open in word, notepad, adobe or office!! Help! And I still need to convert to word somehow. I have no tags in my logic. Just notes in notebooks. 

I wrote to the support team at evernote - no reply yet...unfortunately for my work dropbox is now better than evernote - so I need to take my data from there and add to dropbox in word format...but I have no idea how to accomplish that...because ENEX files totally baffle me..and I do not want html files - I want word files in dropbox. 

• Level 5*

I wrote to the support team at evernote - no reply yet...unfortunately for my work dropbox is now better than evernote - so I need to take my data from there and add to dropbox in word format...but I have no idea how to accomplish that...because ENEX files totally baffle me..and I do not want html files - I want word files in dropbox.

I don't know of any 3rd-party program that converts .enex files into word files; your Google is as good as mine. Word is able to read HTML files, though. Open it up in Word, and then save it in Word format. You might even be able to automate the process.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived