How to see the list of tags that belong to notes in a given notebook?

I don't remember what labels I assigned to notes in a notebook. I want to see the list of tags that I assigned to notes and filter by the note tags I need!

• Like 1

Not any way to do that, as far as I know. It would be nice to be able to swiftly export a set of notes to Excel (with only the text of a note itself I assume) and then you could do all kinds of neat things like pivot-tables, analysis of tags, etc..

• Level 5*

Nope - you can filter by Notebook but you still see a list of ALL tags,  not just the ones in that notebook.  AI - natural language search is coming (we're told) so maybe you'll be able to ask "show me notes in my Holiday notebook that include the cruise ship" or some such,  and tags won't be so important.  But for the moment if you use tags in this way it would be better to have a tag tree so you see the notebook tag (which you don't have to assign,  it's just a heading) plus a list of 'child' tags and subtags - though you can't duplicate tags names,  so that might be an issue. 

Or you might do something else I've seen mentioned here which is to have tag prefixes - all the tags in your Holiday notebook could start h_cruise / h_rooms etc...

12 hours ago, detarg said:

I don't remember what labels I assigned to notes in a notebook. I want to see the list of tags that I assigned to notes and filter by the note tags I need!

It looks like you can do a search with the target being the notebook:   notebook:name  
and then at the top of the list of notes, there is a list of what looks to be all the tags used by one or more notes in that notebook.

My bad, that is some not all of the tags.

32 minutes ago, Dave Green said:

It looks like you can do a search with the target being the notebook:   notebook:name  
and then at the top of the list of notes, there is a list of what looks to be all the tags used by one or more notes in that notebook.

My bad -- that is some but not all of the tags in the notebook.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Dave Green said:

My bad -- that is some but not all of the tags in the notebook.

Nope - it's worse than that;  I have a notebook with notes that have only one tag - <email>.  Searching that notebook name gets me random tags without "email"

search.thumb.jpg.3b4b48547b8811e876f4d590ed0d5423.jpg

• Sad 1
6 hours ago, gazumped said:

Searching that notebook name gets me random tags without "email"

Those are not tags, they are other filters - contains phone numbers, contains images and contains urls . Does every note contain the email tag? If so, perhaps EN realises that the email tag would not allow you to further filter the list.

• Level 5*
58 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Does every note contain the email tag?

This was a good notebook to explore,  and yes,  each note had only one tag - <email>.  So I added two further tags to a random selection,  and true enough - those tags were then listed as additional filters - 

search2.thumb.jpg.9f6a059ed517ca5b29587c3ac47d60d0.jpg

But what were the other options there?  Using the additional filters got me:

1. 12 notes containing actual phone numbers,  or
  2. 5 notes containing images,  or
  3. 3 notes containing phone numbers and images!

Didn't know I could do that!   Sorry @Dave Green - I sit corrected;  and suddenly I have a new appreciation for Filters...  :huh:

• Like 4