offline access via tag

I know I can download a notebook or individual note to my phone so it is available when I'm not connected to the Internet. Is it possible to designate a tag, such that all items tagged with the designated tag are downloaded and available offline?

• Level 5*
35 minutes ago, agsteele said:

No.

Actually,  I think it is (kind've) possible on a mobile device - you'd have to get your list of notes and then move them (or copy them) to their own notebook.  That notebook can be made available offline.  On a laptop should should already have offline access to everything anyway... more here: Access notes offline

My approach to housekeeping tasks that have to be done manually is obviously try to remember to do it right but then periodically look for exceptions. For example, in my case I want all notes tagged with R to also have a tag starting with + so I look for notes tagged R but without a tag starting with +.

So in your case I would have a recurring task, at a suitable frequency, that reminded me to run a saved search that searched for notes with tag X that are not in notebook Y.

tag:X -notebook:Y

Any found could then be quickly moved into the correct notebook.

Not what you wanted but at least a fairly robust way of checking.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
57 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Actually,  I think it is (kind've) possible on a mobile device - you'd have to get your list of notes and then move them (or copy them) to their own notebook.  That notebook can be made available offline.  On a laptop should should already have offline access to everything anyway... more here: Access notes offline

Yes I did consider the option of creating Notebook called Action and copying or moving the notes tagged Action into the notebook also called Action. That would achieve the outcome but, I think, not what was asked and rather counterintuitive and really means the tags are superfluous. 😉

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, gazumped said:

then move them ... to their own notebook

For those who organize notes using notebooks, this is a hardship;    
they have to upset their organization, just to get offline access on mobile devices   
I support this request for tags specifying offline access

Personally, I organize using tags    
My use of notebooks is to indicate; offline access / sharing / local (legacy)

• Like 2