"View as attachment" should be absolute

idoc

Idea

In Legacy, my pdfs would always display as attachments ie: neat little icons within the notes.  In v10 I often see them in the opened format taking up the vast majority of my note space.  For example, if I have 10 pdfs within a note, I can't even see the bottom 9 because the first one is open.  I find that even if I select "view as attachments" I tend to find them open again when I return to the note.  I suspect that in some cases they are open because I opened the pdf and then forgot to select "view as attachment" when I finished.  I never had this problem with Legacy ie: a pdf would ALWAYS display as a closed attachment no matter what.  I think that's a better system.  There may even be an option to select "View as attachment" as an absolute (ie: every single case) or even give the option that pdfs that you want to remain open will remain open

2 replies to this idea

• Evernote Expert

Take a look in settings for notes in the desktop app. Choose the default you wish to use.  But note it depends on how you attach the PDF.  For example adding via Import Folder or the sendto menu in Windows and the selected default is inexplicably ignored. So there is a setting but also a bug with the setting.  I have opened a ticket for this but it has been open for five months.

• Like 1