Cannot Access Note History - Paid Account

Kat Hiers

Idea

Hello! I'm in a bit of a pickle and I hope y'all can help. I had a notebook and most of its content got deleted by a co-worker, and now I cannot restore it. Note History is completely grayed out to me on the Desktop version (Windows user) and I can't see it at all as an option on my phone or the web browser version. I had a Personal account and upgraded to Pro, hoping that might trigger something but nothing happened. I am desperate to get this information back and I have no idea what else to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! 

-Kat 

4 replies to this idea

• Evernote Expert

The notes from the notebook need, first, to be restored from the Trash. Only then can you use Note History.

From what you say I presume that the notebook and it's notes were shared. I think that Note History is only available to the original owner of the note.

2 minutes ago, agsteele said:

The notes from the notebook need, first, to be restored from the Trash. Only then can you use Note History.

From what you say I presume that the notebook and it's notes were shared. I think that Note History is only available to the original owner of the note.

The notebook and the note itself is still there! It's what was written inside the note, the actual content, that was deleted. 

Yes, it is a shared notebook, but the note is one I created. 

Okay! After some clicking around in between a few notebooks, I've discovered that I only have note history for notebooks I created. 

If it's a note I created in someone else's notebook, I do not have access. Off to contact my other coworker who actually owns the notebook and see if they can restore it. 

Thank you so much for your help!

• Like 1