Custom default text style for all new notes

Julia Meister

Idea

I would like to set my own default note style that is automatically applied when a new note is created. For example, for every note, I increase the font size to make it easier to read, and make the headers bold so that they are more distinct from normal text.

I find clicking through the same steps for each new note tedious. Fully automating this step would be very useful, and potentially support accessibility.

Edit: @Mike P Thanks for pointing out that duplicating and templating no longer keep custom styles. As far as I'm aware, there's no way around individually updating each note now.

OUTDATED workarounds:

• pinning the stylised note in Shortcuts and duplicating it
  • saving a template of the stylised note and applying it

---------------------------------

Disclaimer: I have found requests for individual global text style features (e.g. font size), but each with only a few votes. If I missed a request for a global default note style, please let me know, and I'll vote for it immediately :)

Extra keywords so that this request is easier to find through search: text style, font style, font size, font colour, large header, medium header, small header, normal text

• Like 4

2 replies to this idea

54 minutes ago, Julia Meister said:
  • pinning the stylised note in Shortcuts and duplicating it
  • saving a template of the stylised note and applying it

In 10.57.10 templates no longer retain the updated styles and copying or duplicating a note resets the styles to default. So these work arounds no longer work.

• Like 1