Adding individual notes to phone home screwn

App is now unable to add an individual note to phone home screen.  When attempting to do so, message appears that the app has a bug and has to be resolved by Evernote.  How is this issue resolved. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Level 5

I can confirm this, on v. 10.51 of the app. When I try to pin a note I get a message that says ' "" pinned to home ' -- that is two quotation marks " " with no note name in between; and no pinning happens to any of my home screens. Definitely a bug. Please contact support and report this, by going to Settings and tapping Support. @M Zuccaro, what version of the app do you have, and what kind of device are you using it on?

• Evernote Expert

Add note to Device Home Screen

Gives an app crashed error for me too. V10.51

This is new fire me. I have several shortcuts created in previous versions of the Android app.

• Sad 1

V10.51... Happening for me, as well.  But I've tried several times, and all but once, the screen simply returned to my cell's Home Screen, (with nothing else happening or created). 

An error message only appeared once. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

I am speculating here -- @agsteele, please chime in if you have any information -- but I wonder if there is something going wrong in the Electron framework and its communication with the Android operating system. I ask this because another recently reported bug, which is apparently becoming widespread, is that files can't be shared to Evernote in the normal way, with an error message about file permissions being required, which could (I speculate) also be an issue with Electron's OS interactions: 

And then there is the universal phenomenon of the Add Image button not working, which has been reported to Evernote and is being investigated:

• Evernote Expert

I think this is all above my pay grade. I wonder if it depends on particular tweaks to Android that manufacturers make. That might explain why we've seen this a lot with Samsung devices.

But it is easy to guess rather more difficult to speak authoritatively ;)

• Like 1

I can confirm this bug with EN 10.51.1 as well. Adding to home screen results always in an instant crash of the app. Wow, for me they added 3 bugs (add image to note not corresponding, adding note to homescreen crashing, opening notes at the end of the note) with the last program update and did not resolve any of the long-term existing. I had hoped Bending Spoons would really invest in the core stability and reliability as CEO announced. But until now I cannot see anything of that. 😔 (Started a ticket as well)

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Alxa said:

I can confirm this bug with EN 10.51.1 as well. Adding to home screen results always in an instant crash of the app. Wow, for me they added 3 bugs (add image to note not corresponding, adding note to homescreen crashing, opening notes at the end of the note) with the last program update and did not resolve any of the long-term existing. I had hoped Bending Spoons would really invest in the core stability and reliability as CEO announced. But until now I cannot see anything of that. 😔 (Started a ticket as well)

Same problems. Evernote bug list is growing with every update 😭

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
45 minutes ago, david Cutler said:

I have this problem so I am adding my comment in order to build momentum for EV to fix this critical productivity function... If you can't get quick access to your notes, then why bother!?

Building actionable momentum is best done by creating a support ticket.  These are primarily user forums and the Evernote team rarely visits.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Evernote Expert

10.52.1 arrived for me today and seems to have fixed the file permissions bug and I can now add shortcuts to the device screen again as well as sharing content again.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5
On 7/18/2023 at 5:24 AM, agsteele said:

10.52.1 arrived for me today and seems to have fixed the file permissions bug and I can now add shortcuts to the device screen again as well as sharing content again.

Aha! I haven't had the file permissions issue, but have had the no-shortcuts bug, and now the latter is fixed in v. 10.52.1 The strange thing is that I tried to do it a few days ago, with the same version, and it failed to work and crashed. I haven't updated the app, so that's a bit of a mystery. But it does work now. In fact, it places the shortcut on an existing home screen (rather than making a new one) and takes me immediately to that screen, which is better than any other app I've seen (but I may not have seen enough of them).

• Level 5

Now that the problem is solved, I will just say that it took me awhile to realize that the last word of the topic title here is a typo for "screen". At first I took it to be an erroneously formed past tense of a certain verb, yielding a reasonable description of the situation. 😉